Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does my 2019 have a service book

L

Legin

Guest User
Im getting the 1st service on my T6 next week so its 12 months old. Will I have a service book or is it computer based only these days ? Massive 5k miles.

I have a "My19" (July) and no service book.

I would say progress as it is very easy to forge a service record

Im getting the 1st service on my T6 next week so its 12 months old. Will I have a service book or is it computer based only these days ? Massive 5k miles.
Much to our disgust no service book with our 69 so we would suspect none with yours

Thought as much. Progress ! or .....
Progress for the dealer/manufacturer perhaps. I'm not so sure about the customer.

I'm pretty certain that most people have their new cars serviced by the dealer these days. They either have a company car or one of those PCP deals which often stipulates the dealer must service it. Many of those who buy their cars outright probably also have them serviced by the dealer as do I. The trouble is, if at any stage you decide to carry out your own servicing you are facing an uphill struggle. Resetting service indicators on the dash is deliberately designed to be so secret squirrel that only the dealer can do it. I recently asked the Skoda main dealer how it was done on my wife's car and they refused to tell me! I had originally spent nearly £20K purchasing said car from them and they are always sending me reminders for servicing etc but won't give advice on the service schedule or how to reset things. Yes you can sometimes find out how to do it if you look on Youtube but that's only possible because someone else has been baulked and has decided to find out how to do it and spill the beans to one and all.

The lack of service book is just another way of cajoling you to get your car serviced by the dealer's highly lucrative service department. No service book means no service schedule therefore any owner who wants to do their own servicing has to find out from another source what needs doing and when. Don't bother asking the dealer because my experience is that if you aren't using their expensive servicing they won't give you any help with the required information.

Once a vehicle is out of manufacturers warranty I usually do all straight forward routine servicing myself only booking it in for the more involved stuff e.g cam belt and water pump replacement, dsg service etc. Not everyone would want to do this but the manufacturers appear to be doing everything they can to obstruct anyone who does.

My solution on the kids Citigo,s was to buy a blank service book and Im merrily servicing it and stamping the book as I go. The 2013 has a book the 2017 doesnt. I have done the 2017 from new as I wish to line my local skoda dealer pockets as little as possible.
Small car happy to risk the warranty arguments ( they duck it anyway). At 5 years it makes no difference to the value whatsoever.
If you have an expensive car and want to sell it young then they have you Im afraid.

My solution on the kids Citigo,s was to buy a blank service book and Im merrily servicing it and stamping the book as I go. The 2013 has a book the 2017 doesnt. I have done the 2017 from new as I wish to line my local skoda dealer pockets as little as possible.
Small car happy to risk the warranty arguments ( they duck it anyway). At 5 years it makes no difference to the value whatsoever.
If you have an expensive car and want to sell it young then they have you Im afraid.
I haven't bothered with a service book. Instead I just use a proforma that I knocked up on the computer. It's just the service schedule that I miss. I eventually managed to obtain that from one of the Skoda mechanics via the back door.