Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

• Next Club Meet:
    Slimbridge in Gloucestershire on 17th-19th May (last few pitches remaining) More Details Here

Does the Cali Ocean offer Value for Money?

MTM84

MTM84

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Haven’t tried sorry!
No worries, I’ll contact him soon all going to plan.

In the meantime, my wife and I have explored a few campsites in recent days and have been really impressed with the set-up so we’re looking forwarding to renting a Cali and trying them out in the first instance.

LemonDrop

LemonDrop

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Have you tried spec’ing your Cali on Autoebid? They aren’t pushy and if you go right through the process to the point of them putting you in touch with the dealer (for us it was also Liverpool, maybe it always is?) you can then either:

A) Do nothing
B) Buy through the dealer that autoebid put you in touch with
C) Approach a dealer more convenient to you and ask if they could beat autoebid’s price.

We tried option C and got a better price from a local dealer. Win-Win!

Last edited:
MTM84

MTM84

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Have you tried spec’ing your Cali on Autoebid? They aren’t pushy and if you go right through the process to the point of them putting you in touch with the dealer (for us it was also Liverpool, maybe it always is?) you can then either:

A) Do nothing
B) Buy throug the dealer that autoebid put you in touch with
C) Approach a dealer more convenient to you and ask if they could beat autoebid’s price.

We tried option C and got a better price from a local dealer. Win-Win!
Yeah, configurator a Beach to around £50k and the Autoebid price was around £45500. My local dealers can’t get close to that level of discount but I’m happy to go further afield as that’s what I usually do for my cars.

I’m wondering if the 6.1 Cali due next year will have a detrimental impact on Beach/Ocean residuals...

Keith Smith

Keith Smith

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was looking to buy a Tiguan last week on PCP and VW are estimating the car will lose 62% of its value over four years. Contrast that to my three year old California which I traded in last week and is now for sale at more than we originally paid for it!

Past performance is no guarantee of future returns though.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Yeah, configurator a Beach to around £50k and the Autoebid price was around £45500. My local dealers can’t get close to that level of discount but I’m happy to go further afield as that’s what I usually do for my cars.

I’m wondering if the 6.1 Cali due next year will have a detrimental impact on Beach/Ocean residuals...
Hasn't in the past when an upgraded model came out, but you can bet there will a not insignificant price rise for the upgrade.
The best value for money would be the last of the T6's as many Options become standard.

MTM84

MTM84

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hasn't in the past when an upgraded model came out, but you can bet there will a not insignificant price rise for the upgrade.
The best value for money would be the last of the T6's as many Options become standard.
When you say last of the T6s do you mean those built closer to the release of the 6.1?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
When you say last of the T6s do you mean those built closer to the release of the 6.1?
Correct. The T6.1 California will probably not be available until mid to late 2020, Model Year 2021. ( VW model years Start 1st July previous year ).
So ordering June/July 2019 should get you one of the last T6 Californias.

Our Partners