Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does the T6 Ocean have a waste water overflow outlet?

WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hello everyone, I’m a relative newbie to the T6. We’re loving it, and I’ve figured most things out. One lingering question though … what happens if or when the waste water tank gets full? Does it have an overflow? And does that come out of the same pipe that the waste water comes out of when you open the valve? Or does the sink just not drain? I can see how it could be easy to keep the fresh water tank full but forget to empty the waste water (a tap and hose are easier to come by than a waste water collection site!). Thanks for any info.

Yes, overflow trough the same oulet.
As an add on, I found that the level sensor in my tank (which only shows on the overhead display in the T6 as the tank having capacity or tank full) was not registering full even when overflowing rather embarrassingly on CCC site pitch

On returning home opened the round inspection hatch (after emptying tank) and found that the metal float was stuck to the sensor shaft with food debris/ oil emulsion.

Cleaned and recommissioned tank then flushed with soapy hot water until overflowing resolved matters including food debris.

I do this as part of a winter prep drain down of water and waste tanks and no repeat after 2 years

Just to show the level gauge for waste water in the control system not display.

I found that between the sensor triggering and showing full and the tank overflowing was one basin full after the sensor triggered and showed on the display as full.

EBE2A845-0E0F-4E33-82AC-49881EC55FA5.jpeg1DF9663D-94DF-4B0D-9E35-FBB438AC152A.jpeg

Back