Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does your SE / Ocean roof make this noise?

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Playing around with my new (to me) SE. When I power the roof up, I get an easily audible 'release' sound when the rubber seals separate. I just wondered if that's normal?
My van has had the new method roof repair (cap over the cowling) and just wondered if the extra size of the cap was compressing the seal more than planned, and causing the seals to be more compressed than before. I don't want the cap to get pulled-off. But perhaps they all do it?

Yep , specially when not used frequent or hot weather the seal is more sticky i guess..
Also the pump can make strange noise
And the roof can correct itself when up for long periode witch is pretty scary in the middle of the night!
There are treads on this....

Yep , specially when not used frequent or hot weather the seal is more sticky i guess..
Also the pump can make strange noise
And the roof can correct itself when up for long periode witch is pretty scary in the middle of the night!
There are treads on this....
Thanks HC. I'd read about the auto correction in the night, but not the sticky seal releasing. Glad to hear that it's normal!

Last edited:
Thanks HC. I'd read about the auto correction in the night, but the sticky seal releasing. Glad to hear that it's normal!
Looking at the new repair I don't think the presence of the cap would have any effect on the seal. The seal will stick to the roof, dirt,tree sap etc: and is normal. It will retain its position on the elevating panel as long as it hasn't been loosened too much by repeated removal.:thumb

Back