Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dog friendly Campsites

Lisalou285

Lisalou285

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi
I'm looking for a dog friendly campsite for this weekend (Fri to Sun) within walking distance to dog friendly beach/pub/restaurants. Travelling from Hereford so want to go to the closest beach possible! Thank you :thumb

Edited my post

Your request proves difficult...

Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Yes thanks for that 2020 freedom! As stated I was looking for recommendations for campsites near to beaches closest to Hereford so direction wise - the Gower, Somerset, North Devon or Pembrokeshire & for your reference before you edited your post, I have looked online but I would really appreciate some recommendations as I am totally new to this

Hi Lisalou
It is difficult at this time of year to find a campsite dog friendly campsite/beach & pub nearby. Most will be fully booked. We can usually find 2 out of 3 your requirements out of season but not many have all three.
Maybe look at the sites recommended in this link.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/can-anyone-recommend-any-sites-on-the-gower.25947/
Hillend campsite isn’t dog friendly.
We really like three cliff bay .
Try googling dog friendly beaches then campsites nearby.
Happy searching
Mandy

Brilliant - thank you so much for your advice Mandy.

It is a last minute thing as had a rubbish time recently so just wanted to get away. I realise that it isn’t the best time but hopefully will find something suitable.

Thank you x

Just a thought ,we like Heritage campsite Glamorgan ,small friendly site near a beach . The pub nearby is Ok. The small cafe on the site is good. Super friendly owners.
Suspect its fully booked but might be worth a phone call.
https://www.heritagecoastcampsite.com/

Do hope you find somewhere. A Cali break restores the soul especially when things have rubbish.

You will be amazed how many pubs are dog friendly when you actually ask, we expected to stop eating out when we got them but most pubs will let you eat in the bar with the dogs. Fingle bridge is a great example, we ate with our dogs in there no issues and the walk after was amazing. :D We stayed at the Dartmoor Halfway Inn

Last edited:
Hi
I'm looking for a dog friendly campsite for this weekend (Fri to Sun) within walking distance to dog friendly beach/pub/restaurants. Travelling from Hereford so want to go to the closest beach possible! Thank you :thumb

Hi

Have you tried https://www.searchforsites.co.uk ?

Drag the map to where you want to go, click on the discover button top right, and it gives you all the types of camping in a 20 mile radius. User reviews often comment on local pubs and site icons indicate dog friendliness.

Yes thanks for that 2020 freedom! As stated I was looking for recommendations for campsites near to beaches closest to Hereford so direction wise - the Gower, Somerset, North Devon or Pembrokeshire & for your reference before you edited your post, I have looked online but I would really appreciate some recommendations as I am totally new to this
Ah now you're talking....:thumb

Theres is probably plenty of experience here regarding the Gower.

We stayed at Burrow Hayse in Porlock, with our pooch....there were horses in stables to be aware of but no issue.

Last edited:
Look at Pembrey Country Park there are 2 sites one caravan and motorhome club site and one independent.
Lots of walks for the dogs in trees , some large open areas to play on and the Beach is approx 15minute walk from site, only problem when we were there was a lot of dead jellyfish on the dog beach when we were there a couple of weeks ago.
Would certainly go back.
Milk , papers and bakers van visit the campsite everyday.

Brilliant, thank you all so much for your replies - I really appreciate your advice. We ended up staying at Warcombe Farm near Woolacombe. It was really lovely but for future adventures I have lots more info now - so thank you! :thumb