Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dog lead hitch hook

willwander

willwander

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I miss the tow bar on my previous van, for no other reason than it was a great place to hitch up the dogs, while I sorted them both out before putting them into the crate in the back.

Rather than go to expense of having a tow bar fitted I’ve made a small hook, which attaches to the spare wheel carrier, so I can hook their leads over it.
A657235C-8FF5-4177-B9C0-872ABC84A132.jpeg

Here it is in action, with Vinnie dog.

5495C457-9D24-427A-9AE6-84D144BC713C.jpeg

I miss the tow bar on my previous van, for no other reason than it was a great place to hitch up the dogs, while I sorted them both out before putting them into the crate in the back.

Rather than go to expense of having a tow bar fitted I’ve made a small hook, which attaches to the spare wheel carrier, so I can hook their leads over it.
View attachment 59566

Here it is in action, with Vinnie dog.

View attachment 59567
That dog crate looks good was it made specially for that space? Can you remember the make? Thanks.

That dog crate looks good was it made specially for that space? Can you remember the make? Thanks.
No, it’s a cheap fabric crate, had it years, pets at home I think

I don't think I would dare do that, mind you I did drive off once without one of my twins, he was about 6 at the time, and he still goes on about it over 20 years later.