Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dog Shower Solution

Paul Grice

Paul Grice

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Maybe this is old news but in my quest for optimum usage of space I found a solution for washing the dog and the dishes ....

IMG_8063.JPG IMG_8060.JPG

I recently sold my slide out kitchen pod bcuase I need the space in my boot for vaste quantities of musical gear. My wife said "but I really like the shower attachment, we need it when we take the dogs to the beach" (in our beach).

So my compact solution is this rather handy gizmo, a portable shower thingy that charges up from a USB socket. On the other end is a pump thing about the size of a lemon that you drop into any source of water and away you go... shower it to me baby. For a source of water I had a collopsable bucket but upgraded when found a German company that sells water bottles with wide neck's, wide enough to drop in the pump.

Gizmo cost me about £25 in proper money and does the job. I ran it from my 10 litre water bottle and it gave 3 minutes of continous flow. People on web claim it will run for and hour but my 10litres of water ran out after three minutes. The water bottle was not cheap but it's seriously solid German construction and the 10litre when full is very manageable to carry...

They are lots of sellers of the shower on the web and the German company is called Hunetsdorff.

I have a similar set up for trips to the beach (or muddy fields) but use an old plastic sweet jar as they have a very wide lid but also close with a water tight seal, we keep the shower kit and the jar in a foil lined insulated picnic bag type thing, we fill the bottle with very hot tap water before setting off, by the end of the day the water is still quite warm due to been kept in the insulated bag so quite pleasant for washing us and the dogs rather than just using cold water. Probably more relevant in the winter months when cold showers upset the dog.

I have a similar set up for trips to the beach (or muddy fields) but use an old plastic sweet jar as they have a very wide lid but also close with a water tight seal, we keep the shower kit and the jar in a foil lined insulated picnic bag type thing, we fill the bottle with very hot tap water before setting off, by the end of the day the water is still quite warm due to been kept in the insulated bag so quite pleasant for washing us and the dogs rather than just using cold water. Probably more relevant in the winter months when cold showers upset the dog.
Hmmm like the picnic bag tip.... might try that...

Back