Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dometic/Waeco - where can i buy one please?

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I'm interested in buying either a CF11 or CFX28 coolbox and would like to see them 'in the flesh'

Having trouble finding a retail shop that stocks them -- please can someone help?

thanks

Go to the Motorhome and Caravan NEC show in February. They had the full range on display on the Dometic stand in October. Check they are on the exhibitor list before, although it's worth going to the show anyway.

Where are you. I might have one for sale. 2 Yr old. Pristine. Think it's a 28 so won't fit between seats. I'm in doncaster

Does anyone know of a retailer that stocks these?

Shows are OK but would prefer to go to a shop!

@flying banana -- thanks for your offer -- I think I'm more interested in the smaller one so I'd like to see both in the flesh first....

Hi @Perfectos

I Tried that but got nowhere - tried a bunch of dealers but they did not have the coolboxes.

Hence I am asking here !

Hi @Perfectos

I Tried that but got nowhere - tried a bunch of dealers but they did not have the coolboxes.

Hence I am asking here !

Hi KP,
I’m in the same situation, I want to be able to look at the various sizes, I’m off to the NEC show in February. Appears most peeps buy from Amazon based on others recommendations of which unit !
Once decided on the fridge to buy, I will be happy to order on line (if I can’t bag a bargain price at the show)

Hi @Perfectos -- I've emailed Dometic and asked them.

Will post their reply.

(& in the meantime if anyone knows of a Dometic Stockist with a proper shop, then please feel free to post here) :)

Hi KP,
I’m in the same situation, I want to be able to look at the various sizes, I’m off to the NEC show in February. Appears most peeps buy from Amazon based on others recommendations of which unit !
Once decided on the fridge to buy, I will be happy to order on line (if I can’t bag a bargain price at the show)
Not getting at you, but this is what is at the heart of the retail crisis. We expect bricks & mortar retailers to buy in the stock so that we can compare and judge the look & feel of stuff, and then we buy on line.

Not getting at you, but this is what is at the heart of the retail crisis. We expect bricks & mortar retailers to buy in the stock so that we can compare and judge the look & feel of stuff, and then we buy on line.

I think if you re read my post, I say “if I can’t bag a bargain price at the show”. I presume from your response you don’t compare prices when shopping and paid full list price for your Cali from the first company you made contact with ?

I chose to research then buy at the most competitive price, in this instance I would like to look at the product I want to buy, I ( an others) are unable to find a stockist, therefore I cannot make an informed choice, by going to the show, I will speak to the manufacturer and have the opportunity to chose the product that suits my needs best and if the manufacturer offers a competitive price (similar to retailers) I will buy.
As I will be speaking to the manufacturer, not a retailer I fail to see your point. If the manufacturer wanted they could ensure there product was available via retail shops, they do no, which I presume is a conscious choice by the manufacturer!
The product is widely available on line and it appears to be the manufacturers prefered method of distribution of its products !
Therefore I am limited in my choice, there is no added service to consider when comparing on line to retail! ( in this instance) therefore price is key indicator!

Thank you for your advice !

Last edited:
Hi @Perfectos -- I've emailed Dometic and asked them.

Will post their reply.

(& in the meantime if anyone knows of a Dometic Stockist with a proper shop, then please feel free to post here) :)

Thanks KP appreciate that

I think if you re read my post, I say “if I can’t bag a bargain price at the show”. I presume from your response you don’t compare prices when shopping and paid full list price for your Cali from the first company you made contact with ?

I chose to research then buy at the most competitive price, in this instance I would like to look at the product I want to buy, I ( an others) are unable to find a stockist, therefore I cannot make an informed choice, by going to the show, I will speak to the manufacturer and have the opportunity to chose the product that suits my needs best and if the manufacturer offers a competitive price (similar to retailers) I will buy.
As I will be speaking to the manufacturer, not a retailer I fail to see your point. If the manufacturer wanted they could ensure there product was available via retail shops, they do no, which I presume is a conscious choice by the manufacturer!
The product is widely available on line and it appears to be the manufacturers prefered method of distribution of its products !
Therefore I am limited in my choice, there is no added service to consider when comparing on line to retail! ( in this instance) therefore price is key indicator!

Thank you for your advice !
I buy from whoever gives me the best service. I don’t buy into the ‘whoever spends least wins’ culture. Like I said, I’m not getting at you. This ain’t personal, so please don’t take offence. Good luck, I hope you find what you’re looking for.

I buy from whoever gives me the best service. I don’t buy into the ‘whoever spends least wins’ culture. Like I said, I’m not getting at you. This ain’t personal, so please don’t take offence. Good luck, I hope you find what you’re looking for.

I choose to buy from John Lewis for that specific reason: “service” they provide and the additional perceived benefit of additional warranty on many items, they get my business because they compete with all retailers “ never knowingly under sold”, I have had occasion in the past to use the warranty service which was excellent, therefore they retain my custom for the additional services they provide, so the idea is not totally alien to me.
I agree with the adage use it or lose it when it comes to retailers, but not at “any cost” in this instance it is simply not possible.

Reply from Dometic below!!!
I have replied asking if there are any regular retailers.....

--------------------------------------

Good morning,
Thank you for your email,

We will be exhibiting at the Caravan and Camping show at the NEC 19-24th February 2019 Stand

On the stand we will have a CF16 and a CFX28 whilst I appreciate you were hoping to see the CF11 the CF16 is the same format as the CF11 just slightly different dimensions.

I have attached an extract from our catalogue that may be of assistance.

Kind regards

Does anyone know of a retailer that stocks these?

Shows are OK but would prefer to go to a shop!

@flying banana -- thanks for your offer -- I think I'm more interested in the smaller one so I'd like to see both in the flesh first....
Well I'm in doncaster. But I also recommend the camping show in Birmingham. They usually have a stand

Think I am most interested in the CF11 & even Dometic not taking it to the B'ham show (see above email).....(like the idea of something that fits between the seats)

Reply from Dometic below!!!
I have replied asking if there are any regular retailers.....

--------------------------------------

Good morning,

We will be exhibiting at the Caravan and Camping show at the NEC 19-24th February 2019 Stand

On the stand we will have a CF16 and a CFX28 whilst I appreciate you were hoping to see the CF11 the CF16 is the same format as the CF11 just slightly different dimensions.

I have attached an extract from our catalogue that may be of assistance.

Kind regards

Thanks KP, appreciate you sharing the response, looks like Dometic don’t have a retail base to show it products.

I will stick with the plan to go to the show.

further reply from Dometic:

Good morning,
I’m afraid we do not have live stock information for our dealers.
A number of our dealers purchase goods to order.
Unfortunately I cannot advise a dealer that may have both items in stock and on display.
Kind regards

further reply from Dometic:

Good morning,
I’m afraid we do not have live stock information for our dealers.
A number of our dealers purchase goods to order.
Unfortunately I cannot advise a dealer that may have both items in stock and on display.
Kind regards

Looks like Dometic prefer the internet!

Back