Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Door not locking

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
On a camping trip and want to go to bed, but the doors are not locking by using the door locking mechanism on the drivers door. Never had this problem before. It seems I can use the key fob to lock the doors from the outside, but seem to keep setting the alarm off using this method.

By the way, when I push the door lock button (on the drivers door) there does seem to be a little squeak.

Very grateful for any ideas.

If it’s a T5.1, press the button inside the drivers door pillar before you lock using the key fob ( it will change colour) ; the button turns off the interior alarm.

On a camping trip and want to go to bed, but the doors are not locking by using the door locking mechanism on the drivers door. Never had this problem before. It seems I can use the key fob to lock the doors from the outside, but seem to keep setting the alarm off using this method.

By the way, when I push the door lock button (on the drivers door) there does seem to be a little squeak.

Very grateful for any ideas.
I’m not being stupid, How do you know the doors are not locking when you use the door button?
Are the buttons on the doors not going down?
Are All doors shut properly, including boot?

If it’s a T5.1, press the button inside the drivers door pillar before you lock using the key fob ( it will change colour) ; the button turns off the interior alarm.
Will try that tomorrow! Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m not being stupid, How do you know the doors are not locking when you use the door button?
Are the buttons on the doors not going down?
Are All doors shut properly, including boot?
Yes, the button doesn’t go down. All doors are definitely shut properly.

We’ve since discovered that when we open all of the doors, the MFD doesn’t register the passenger door opening. On a post elsewhere Loz suggested trying this. I’m not sure whether a spray of WD-40 on the lock will fix it. Or, I’ll need a garage visit.

It just so happens that Roger is fitting me solar panels tomorrow. Maybe, he’ll have an idea too.

Back