Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Dorset Club Meet - November 25th

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are pleased to confirm there will be an afternoon meet with optional camping on Saturday 25th November from 1.00pm onwards.

The location of the afternoon meet will be West Bay Road Car Park, West Bay, Bridport, Dorset DT6 4EW.

West Bay is a charming fishing village on the famous Jurassic Coastline. West Bay is a gateway to the Jurassic Coast, which covers 95 miles of coast from Orcombe Rocks at Exmouth, Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset.

Sometimes known as the Dinosaur Coast, tourists throughout the World visit Dorset for fossil hunting in stunning coastal scenery. The famous sandstone East Cliff at West Bay, formed from Lower Jurassic Bridport Sands exposes 180 million years of history & is now famous as the backdrop for the award winning TV series 'Broadchurch'.

Due to the time of year, this will be a 'weather permitting' meet so please let us know if you wish to attend on this thread so as we can contact you in case it is postponed, you can also email us at admin@vwcaliforniaclub.com

If you wish to camp, we have spoken to Highlands End Campsite and you just need to quote you are part of ' VW California Club' / 'gravel pitch' and they will hopefully let us have our own area, to book just call 01308 426 947

west-bay3.jpg

west-bay.jpg

DSC1582.jpg

Last edited:
we're interested, stay over possibly sat night;

Last edited by a moderator:
Would also be interested in stopping over as quite a drive for us.

Can't make this one I'm afraid. Black Friday weekend so gonna be very busy.

We’d be interested in staying over

Sadly we can't come along with our van as we are already doing something that weekend but I'm piping up just to say our holiday cottage, a minute's walk around round the corner from the West Bay car park, isn't booked for that weekend. I can't help thinking that Cali owners are the last people to want to rent out a cottage when they have their home on wheels with them but I thought I'd mention it in case any of you are thinking of making a little holiday of it and would prefer central heating and an inside toilet at the end of November! If you are interested then details are here http://westbaycottage.co.uk and you can contact me though the website. 10% discount for that weekend, only for Cali owners of course.

There's also some info on the website on nice places to eat out in West Bay, places to visit etc.

Have fun in West Bay and fingers crossed you get better weather than when we visited a couple of weekend ago, at the same time as storm Brian!

We would be very happy for Friday and Saturday.Looking forward to it.

Would have loved to have come any other time but going on a Yoga weekend then!

Hoping to be there on Saturday, not staying as we live not too far away, that is unless I can persuade the OH!

Another yes for Highlands on the Saturday please..

Thanks all, if we can get a few more I will contact the campsite and see what they can do for us in regards to having the rally area.

Would love to come I am on nights over that weekend it depends how busy they are, there is a chance we will pop up in the day as just up road.

Thanks all, if we can get a few more I will contact the campsite and see what they can do for us in regards to having the rally area.
Do we need to contact the site to book as haven't yet or do we wait a book

Do we need to contact the site to book as haven't yet or do we wait a book
Not at the moment, they have plenty of room if we decide it is easier to book direct with them. If we see how many we have on Monday, I will then give them a call to see what options available.

I plan to be there but can't really commit to staying over.

Having walked by a couple of times recently. The Field near the sea has been empty. They may well let the non overnighters come on site in the day , for a couple of quid a van, whi

Unfortunately we won't be able to make that weekend. We're off to Bruges Christmas market. First time winter camping for us. Hopefully can make the next southern meet. We stayed at Highlands End in October and thought it was a lovely site. Would recommend.