Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dorset Steam Fair - Aug BH 2017

veg_frenzy

veg_frenzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Anyone have any experience and/or opinion on this event in previous years? We're considering going, but it looks very big (up to 5000 units). Makes me think what the facilities will be like after a few days. Any info and opinion appreciated. Thanks.

Anyone have any experience and/or opinion on this event in previous years? We're considering going, but it looks very big (up to 5000 units). Makes me think what the facilities will be like after a few days. Any info and opinion appreciated. Thanks.

We have been there lots of times but have never camped and I'm not sure that I would want to!
Seems to be either really hot and dusty or wet and very muddy.
I can imagine that the facilities will not be great, especially by the end of the weekend but others may know differently.
Huge site so lots and lots of walking. I always manage to lose the car.

It just a few miles down the road from us, camped only the once in a tent (before the van) and it was tremendously dusty and facilities sparse. The muddy years quickly become legendary. The camper van area did look better but we've not investigated further as unlikely to stay over there. Its a great event, and I'd recommend going, but for us a couple of attendances was enough to have experienced it . It is huge though so set out to arrive early, the roads get blocked with the sheer number of people who go.

We have camped here. You have to accept that you are in a field with row upon row of other units. We booked electricity which was useful. There are loads of portaloos and some showers. Never had a problem which this as they are cleaned regularly. There are huge tankers to get water from and elsan points for waste. It is dusty when hot and muddy when wet but the camping fields seem to be well drained, sort of chalky soil. Great experience though and the playpen (check out pictures online) is not to be missed. hope this helps.

This is a another show that has turned into something too big, we used to go when it was just a steam fair, it is now borderline a commercial festival.

Back