Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Doubleback (extending rear LWB T5)

That looks awsome Steve. I have never seen a conversion like that. It may take off £54k.
Good find. :thumb

Are you tempted to cancel your Cali order Steve and get one of these? One thing for sure is you will get a lot of attention when arriving at a campsite, we get enough with just the Cali .

A Cali is compact & subsequently very versatile.

While we marvel at the ingenuity of the Doubleback - the extra 12" or so of a LWB T5 do give problems in crowded car parks.

Sent from my ViewPad7 using Tapatalk

Martin said:
Are you tempted to cancel your Cali order Steve and get one of these?

No way ;-)

Just heard our Cali's being shipped, which is a nice way to end the week! Less than a month to go now :)

Like CaliTess says, the Cali's compactness was one of the main deciding factors for us...

CaliTess said:

While we marvel at the ingenuity of the Doubleback - the extra 12" or so of a LWB T5 do give problems in crowded car parks.

Only if you're a rubbish driver!
I've had LWB transporters for 6 years and it's no problem at all.
Can't see how the bed/kitchen thing works when the extendable bit is inside the van though?
Looks ingenious though.

DoubleBack rear end slide out pod

Anyone seen one of these in the flesh?

doubleback.jpg

Begs the question "does my bum look big in this" :rofl

More info on the page linked to below.

http://www.gizmag.com/vw-transporte...ign=03ae83153c-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=emailp

doubleback-7.jpg

doubleback-9.jpg

saw the prototype of this beast..awesome thing...very clever design...a future mag profile currently under way (for 4/5+)
but not as nice as the Cali ;)

140PS, no 4Motion, based on a Transporter so less plush.

Interesting but ours is better!

Had a chat with a guy (after a surf) today who had a 57 plate black 174PS 4Motion Cali - he bought it new and absolutely loves it still!

Freeley said:
CaliTess said:

Only if you're a rubbish driver!..................

Paul has only been driving since 1969.............so any tips or free lessons would be gratefully received......................
learner-driver-tears-off-bus-roof-7108.jpg

Back