Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Downstairs Bed With 7 Seats

JamesHWYorks

JamesHWYorks

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello All :)

The handbook suggests removing the 2 middle seats to create the downstairs bed but I can get a pretty good approximation without the extender just using the back bench and the 2 middle. The only obvious problem is the gap in-between.

Am I being a total noob.

How does everyone else make their downstairs bed with a 7 seat config?

Cheers

James

(oblig. van pic attached)

IMG_0005.jpg

I'm also a newbie but I think I read in the handbook that you need the two extra seats for the 'long bed'. I haven't tried it yet though.

P21 & P22 of 'California Supplement'

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

Hello All :)

The handbook suggests removing the 2 middle seats to create the downstairs bed but I can get a pretty good approximation without the extender just using the back bench and the 2 middle. The only obvious problem is the gap in-between.

Am I being a total noob.

How does everyone else make their downstairs bed with a 7 seat config?

Cheers

James

(oblig. van pic attached)

View attachment 23262

The medium length bed is the 'normal one' and is made withOUT the two extra seats, as generally you take these out - to create extra space in the van - when using it in camper (rather than 'caravelle') mode. Then the VW comfort matress fits perfectly over seat and extended flexiboard. Obviously if you are a family of seven, then you need all the extra seats but if not, leave them at home! With a bit of practice you can have them both out (or back in) in just over 5 minutes!

Back