Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

downstairs mattress upstairs?

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone tried fitting the downstairs mattress upstairs? Is there an overhang due to the 'foot mattress' upstairs taking up some of the room?

Has anyone tried fitting the downstairs mattress upstairs? Is there an overhang due to the 'foot mattress' upstairs taking up some of the room?
Not tried it to see if it fits @acer but are you thinking of using it in addition to the upstairs mattress or in place of it? If you want to use it in addition to the existing, I very much doubt that you’d be able to leave it up there without damaging the roof and/or roof hinges when closing the roof.

Not tried it to see if it fits @acer but are you thinking of using it in addition to the upstairs mattress or in place of it? If you want to use it in addition to the existing, I very much doubt that you’d be able to leave it up there without damaging the roof and/or roof hinges when closing the roof.
Actually, this was a roundabout way of finding out if the 4x 2 inch thick foam panels that we put on top of our comfort mattress could be stored in the roof (removing the large mattress upstairs). We currently store these on top of the comfort mattress in the boot. It just occurred to me that they could go in the roof as we sleep downstairs. I suppose it’s a bit lazy of me to ask but it’s raining today. I might give it a go tomorrow.

Back