Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Downstairs, which Mattress Topper for a T6 Ocean

D

davefaedeen

Vehicle
Looking to buy
'afternoon all, we collect our new T6 ocean next week, it doesn't come with the additional vw mattress topper, so should we buy one from VW or go with another brand?

thanks for your help in advance..

As an alternative to a mattress topper you could consider a sea to summit self inflating mattress, and possible one of their hand pumps to top up if needed.
The disadvantage is the self inflater is that you need to wait to let it swell up over a few minutes, but I find it is worth it for the comfort.
Our Cali came with a VW Comfort mattress and I changed to a Brandrup iExtend, but I didn’t find either of them that comfortable even with a mattress topper (but I am very tall and about 105kg).
I am now using just the self inflating mattress on top of the seats folded flat and the thin pad on the rear parcel shelf (set to the high position) and with a bit of extra air put in it has been super comfortable.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MW49GZJ/?tag=eliteelect-21 Although it is frequently available cheaper elsewhere.

Hope this helps

Lots of info on the forum. I went with zonesleep (upstairs and downstairs). Extremely comfortable. Upstairs can be left in place if you get the reduced thickness mattress from the shop. Downstairs you need to roll up and put away - but you would with any over-mattress - and it’s pretty light weight.

Back