Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Draining Board

We have one and find it usful. l tend to use as a "general" top to put things on rather than using the glass worktop. ie radio cups during the evenings etc. Just lift off and put on front seat to cook. Colour sent us matches the silver rather than colour of sink bowl, expensive as with all Cali designed items,

Got it , use it , happy with it .
But expencife .
Some have cut a shoppingboard (probaly not correct englisch) to size to fit .
If you don't want to pay the £ try some DIY .

We have one and find it usful. l tend to use as a "general" top to put things on rather than using the glass worktop. ie radio cups during the evenings etc. Just lift off and put on front seat to cook. Colour sent us matches the silver rather than colour of sink bowl, expensive as with all Cali designed items,

Thank you that's exactly what I thought it would be useful for as a surface to put things on even more than a drainer.
I have decided to order one it's a nuscience that they're not available in this county!

one it's a nuscience that they're not available in this county!

The service is very good quick delivery if you order today you will have it by end of week

Can't remember who but someone on the forum has previously put up a drawing with dimensions to make your own oversink wooden work surface from an IKEA chopping board only costing a few pounds.

This is a picture the original OP put up to give you an idea, the notch fits under the tap.

IMG_1411.JPG

Does anyone have any opinion about this apart from the fact that it is very expensive!
It looks like it would be a useful work surface and it says it can be left in situ during travel:

http://www.vwcampershop.nl/en/cooking-dish-ware/535-drainer.html

Thanks
The colour is silver rather than that shown.
Make sure that when you close the lid that the drainer is properly in place so that it closes right down.
I bought one but have to say I leave it at home most of the time. Don't think it is terribly robust and so far I haven't done much washing up in the van.
The bespoke waste bin from the same people however I love!

The colour is silver rather than that shown.
Make sure that when you close the lid that the drainer is properly in place so that it closes right down.
I bought one but have to say I leave it at home most of the time. Don't think it is terribly robust and so far I haven't done much washing up in the van.
The bespoke waste bin from the same people however I love!

Thank you I've got one on order now so will see!
It would be useful to have a similar one to fit over the sink to make a work surface for when the hob is in use.

Whilst camping in the Cali last weekend in Salisbury I found a small chopping board in Poundland in white which fits perfectly over the sink to provide a mini work surface, colour matches the bowl and can be left in situ when travelling etc. And only a £1!

Whilst camping in the Cali last weekend in Salisbury I found a small chopping board in Poundland in white which fits perfectly over the sink to provide a mini work surface, colour matches the bowl and can be left in situ when travelling etc. And only a £1!

Sounds brilliant thank you will have to look. Can't measure up yet as still waiting for our van to arrive - could possibly be next week so can't wait!

Thanks for posting when and got one today perfect fit.

Even I when I saw on the forum of the drainer "design homemade" I'm done now one ..! I used the marine plywood, thickness 1.5 cm, and then I painted it all black. It 'was a pleasant pastime, not one hour and was ready. I thank those who posted the good idea !!

Was it the one with a circle cut out of one corner?

Hi Zebedee, can you show a pic or put the dimensions on here please? i havent got my van yet but will pop around to our Poundland and buy one as it sounds like a perfect fit. Thanks

I got one too - as if made for the Cali. Thanks Zeb.

Was it the one with a circle cut out of one corner?

That's what I bought - it was the only one I could see in the whole shop. It comes with the holey corner in different colours. Fits nicely across the washing up bowl for some extra work surface but doesn't full the sink area completely.

As an aside, it also fits nicely into the groove that the table runs along but I wouldn't put hot drinks on it...

HI All - First time posting.
I also bought the Poundland board - useful when cooking but not when washing up.
I then found a couple of boards in Wilko +£2 each - which work great for prep when using sink - the 2 fit side by side oven the rings and you can fit over both over the bowl as well and be able to close the glass lid for travelling - see pics.20170311_121002.jpg 20170311_120613.jpg 20170311_120503.jpg

The outwell rectangular collapsible washing up bowl ( available in the Cali shop) is a great fit, front to back over the gas ring area. We use it in collapsed form with (colour coordinated ) non slip silicone mats for teapot and cups and it means we can easily use the sink too.

I also bought the Poundland board - useful when cooking but not when washing up.
I then found a couple of boards in Wilko +£2 each - which work great for prep when using sink - the 2 fit side by side oven the rings and you can fit over both over the bowl as well and be able to close the glass lid for travelling - see pics.View attachment 19703 View attachment 19704 View attachment 19706

I'm guessing you are very board now ? ;;-)

..me..

I then found a couple of boards in Wilko +£2 each - which work great for prep when using sink - the 2 fit side by side oven the rings and you can fit over both over the bowl as well and be able to close the glass lid for travelling - see pics.View attachment 19703 View attachment 19704 View attachment 19706

These come in dark blue too....couldn't resist !

Let's not go overboard with this thread.:Iamsorry

Back