Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dripping liquid from engine bay outlet

Reef21

Reef21

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hoping somebody can help set my mind at ease. After completing a short drive home this evening in very heavy traffic I noticed a fairly consistent dripping liquid (water, as far as I can tell) from under the Cali, towards the NS front wheel. The engine bay itself was extremely warm, presumably as a result of the constant crawling traffic.

After popping the bonnet open, I've identified a small outlet on the rear bulkhead (towards the right hand side as you look into the engine bay) as the source of the liquid. I've tried to indicate this in the attached photos.

Can anyone confirm that this is simply an overflow outlet of some form for condensate from the Aircon, and nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance.

49246247-42D6-4A3C-8C2C-8ACEAA47B123.jpeg

0B83E6A2-6585-4843-A432-B00044BD5058.jpeg

Hoping somebody can help set my mind at ease. After completing a short drive home this evening in very heavy traffic I noticed a fairly consistent dripping liquid (water, as far as I can tell) from under the Cali, towards the NS front wheel. The engine bay itself was extremely warm, presumably as a result of the constant crawling traffic.

After popping the bonnet open, I've identified a small outlet on the rear bulkhead (towards the right hand side as you look into the engine bay) as the source of the liquid. I've tried to indicate this in the attached photos.

Can anyone confirm that this is simply an overflow outlet of some form for condensate from the Aircon, and nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 46483

View attachment 46484
Yes.

Thanks WelshGas. I guessed as much, but nice to get the confirmation :thumb

Airconditioning outlet it is indeed. There is the place where the condensor is located inside. And a condensor condensates the warm air because of the cooling function. If there is no outlet the whole box of the ventilation would overflow into the interior, and that is something you don't want.

And if you have 3 zone clima you occasionally see some
drips from the rear end.

Back