Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dripping sound when heater is on

DrJuanKerr

DrJuanKerr

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
With the heater on I hear a constant dripping noise coming from “somewhere” at the front of the vehicle.

At first I thought it may have been some sort of expansion “creaking” or “cracking”. Surely that would stop when “the thing” stops expanding!

I turn the heater off. The dripping stops. Restart the heating and it restarts.

I’ve had a rummage around the engine bay, the front wheel arches and even underneath but can’t find anything.

Any ideas? The constant dripping gets on my nerves!

It's the diesel pump on the aux. heater , perfect normal .
Lots of existing threads on this and Q's how to lower the noise ....take a scroll thru some older posts...

There's a "dripping" sound coming from the fridge (SE/Ocean/Coast) when turned on , also driving some people nuts....

Constant ticking is possibly the fuel metering pump.

..... at least it’s not a “fault” per se. I made a search before posting but only 2 results showed up. I’ll do a better search on the pc later.
Thanks

..... at least it’s not a “fault” per se. I made a search before posting but only 2 results showed up. I’ll do a better search on the pc later.
Thanks
It is actually reasonably quite in the Cali, the Eberspacher fuel pump on our boat is a lot louder despite my best efforts to silence it.

Back