Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive away awning slides out of figure 8

Autumn

Autumn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello, I have tried to find an answer to this in the forum. I am fine at attaching my drive away awning, to either the Cali or to the windout awning. But when I used it last year, I would come back to find that the figure 8 had slid out by at least a half and once the whole thing had come out because it was very windy and exposed.
What can I use, is there something I could use to slide in to block it coming out. Thank you

How taught was the link tunnel roof pulled across to the van? It may be that if it was loose/saggy/billowing in the wind then that could have worked the strip out. Haven’t got anything to back that up, but just a thought.

Wind out the awning by 150mm, attach the drive away awning, peg out and erect the awning, then wind the awning back in, to nicely tension the tunnel.
I have two securing loops on either end of my drive away, which help keep it in place and prevent side ways movement, simply a couple of webbing straps and adjustable buckles attaché£ to the side / top of the tunnel, which allows the final tensioning of the tunnel and helps prevent sideways movement of the awning / Kador

See the photos below
you can see the additional strap, when the awning is fully out it is not used, although my Kador strip is approx 300mm longer than the awning, so it helps it stay in place. also attaching the figure 8 strip to the top leading edge of the wind out before wind in the awning casing to trap the figure of 8 against the body of the awning as in the photo
This attachment give more height in the tunnel and is easier to connect and tension. 2FC9724D-8AAC-4772-A569-49D1B53FC2A7.png2D4F8DD7-41E1-4FC2-8ACA-82F6EDA44376.png

Back