Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive away awnings

Scorps

Scorps

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Currently at a motorhome show looking at a moveairlight classic drive away awning (oxygen air frame)
Very interested but a bit cautious with some of the reviews on their Facebook page. Any input or experience from any of you?
Thank you

Better with the Vango Air-beam IMO, better build quality with the Vango, Vango is lighter pack size for same footprint, and the one you mention is one height fits all where as the Vango comes in two different heights, with the lower version suited to the California etc meaning no excess material flapping around in the wind.

We got Quechua's air base xl, tested it only at home and looks pretty flexible and promising.
Really like that you can unplug the floor giving you the flexibility to run on grass or with a floor.

Better with the Vango Air-beam IMO, better build quality with the Vango, Vango is lighter pack size for same footprint, and the one you mention is one height fits all where as the Vango comes in two different heights, with the lower version suited to the California etc meaning no excess material flapping around in the wind.
Thank you for the info I will have a look. It is a bit confusing especially when you read the reviews.

We got Quechua's air base xl, tested it only at home and looks pretty flexible and promising.
Really like that you can unplug the floor giving you the flexibility to run on grass or with a floor.
Yes agree with flexibility of unclipping the ground sheets and changing. I think I've got some research to do before I pick up van. Thank you for the advice.

Yes agree with flexibility of unclipping the ground sheets and changing. I think I've got some research to do before I pick up van. Thank you for the advice.

Another point to consider is how well the ground sheet fastens to the main part of the awning - on a windy / exposed campsite you could get a lot of draught blowing through.
I went for the Vango because I wanted the sewn in ground sheet as it means I can have the dogs loose in the awning without risk of them escaping to go say hi to the neighbours...

Another point to consider is how well the ground sheet fastens to the main part of the awning - on a windy / exposed campsite you could get a lot of draught blowing through.
I went for the Vango because I wanted the sewn in ground sheet as it means I can have the dogs loose in the awning without risk of them escaping to go say hi to the neighbours...
I've just been looking on the vango website and they look a nice awning. I've plenty of time as I'm not picking the van up until next year. Thank you for your advice as its all new to me and I would rather buy on recommendation than impulse.

Back