Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver & Passenger Climate Control not in sync

Blubus

Blubus

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello, In the last two days our T6 has started to ignore the set temperature for the driver side, even when the climate control is set to low very hot air comes out of the diver side vents. Is there a way to reset the climate control? could it be a sensor has failed?

Thanks

Sounds like a trip to the dealer... There's all sorts of flaps and actuators in there to direct the airflow as well as the sensors.
Hooking up to a diagnostic kit may give you a clue but no idea if there is a reset that would be a quick fix.

Booked in with SMG Tonbridge for some heating diagnostics and to have the pop up roof taped / investigated. I will report back when I know more.

Hello, In the last two days our T6 has started to ignore the set temperature for the driver side, even when the climate control is set to low very hot air comes out of the diver side vents. Is there a way to reset the climate control? could it be a sensor has failed?

Silly question but is the sync button turned on

Hey Blubus,

I have the same issue with my T5 - Did it get resolved???

Thanks.

Hi

It is due to be looked at in the next few weeks. I will let you know how it goes.

The climate control has been fixed under warranty. SMG had to remove the dashboard to replace a failed motor and a flap controller, 19 hours of labour. We are lucky we are still under warranty until June.

They also completed the roof campaign, our T6 had the tape already applied to the front at the factory but not to the upper roof seal, this has now been done and no corrosion was found.

Excellent service from Jay and Matt at SMG, Tonbridge as always.

The climate control has been fixed under warranty. SMG had to remove the dashboard to replace a failed motor and a flap controller, 19 hours of labour. We are lucky we are still under warranty until June.

They also completed the roof campaign, our T6 had the tape already applied to the front at the factory but not to the upper roof seal, this has now been done and no corrosion was found.

Excellent service from Jay and Matt at SMG, Tonbridge as always.

Thanks for posting this thread.
Our Cali 2016. The heating seems to have a mind of its own.
Due a service/MOT/roof recall at Breeze Poole.
Will get them to do some heating diagnostics at the same time .

Very lucky, had same problem on my 2012 Cali last December, £690.00 in total, £560 of which was labour.