Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver side window switches

Hubble

Hubble

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi
Been in Spain for a couple of weeks in the T4 Westfalia and the driver side window switches went out of action a few times (and came back on a bit later). Whenever the driver side window switch stopped working, so did the switch operating the passenger window. The switch on the passenger side operating the passenger window never had a problem.
Any ideas what the problem is?

It's often broken wires (cable) where they pass from the main body into the van's door (from 15 years of opening and closing). A bit of a job to cut out and fit new wire. I think there is a video on youtube (or the T4 forum).

I'd wait for other replies too......but broken wires is a possibility....quite a bit on the T4 forum.

You could probably check the switches for electrical continuity before you start any major dismantling. I couldn't advise you on how but it's probably worth investigating.

Hi
This was a while ago I know but in the end I got my local garage to source and fit a new loom. Expensive but hopefully the wires should be good for another 15 years now.

Hi
This was a while ago I know but in the end I got my local garage to source and fit a new loom. Expensive but hopefully the wires should be good for another 15 years now.
Thank you for letting the Forum know how the problem was solved. I presume the cause was broken wiring and, as you say, all sorted for the next 15yrs.
The passenger door is next, but probably not for another 5 + yrs. Used less.:thumb

Back