Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drivers side water ingress!

Cali-Dave

Cali-Dave

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Any ideas what might be the cause of water ingress in the drivers foot well?
Have checked all the seals and they all look ok.45DDF324-CCE9-487A-9B0C-4FB88CEFD26F.jpeg

I recently had similar on the passengers side.

The roof drain pipe had come away from connector.

I recently had similar on the passengers side.

The roof drain pipe had come away from connector.
Have just cleaned the roof drain, but how do you check that the pipe is connected?

Thanks for your advice, will try out some of the tips tomorrow.

Have just cleaned the roof drain, but how do you check that the pipe is connected?
I do not know. It was identified and fixed by VW van centre.

I am assuming that the pipe and connection is behind the glove box, as water was dripping from that area on to vw mat in footwell.

Perhaps someone can provide a vw image please?

This should help you.
1598261313176.png
Components 5, 12, 13 and 20 are the components for one of the front roof drains. There is an identical set up on the drivers side. To get at the joints (there are three on each side) you will have to remove some internal trim on your "A" post and possibly the access plate on the left side of the engine bay, immediately below the windscreen.
Hope this helps.

This should help you.
View attachment 64912
Components 5, 12, 13 and 20 are the components for one of the front roof drains. There is an identical set up on the drivers side. To get at the joints (there are three on each side) you will have to remove some internal trim on your "A" post and possibly the access plate on the left side of the engine bay, immediately below the windscreen.
Hope this helps.
And also the headlining.
Thanks for your advice, will try out some of the tips tomorrow.
Just a thought is the headlling damaged by watermarks or stained?

If you are a hands on type of person it’s always best if you can sort it out for yourself just in case it ever happens again. Most people on the forum will at least give it a go and potentially save a lot of money for something quite simple...

The first advice you were given was to check the drains are clear (meaning water from the roof goes down the drain hole freely and comes out usually onto the wheel) but then you talk about cleaning, not clearing. If you fill the channel on the roof behind the drain hole and it flows away and comes out at the bottom then the pipes are clear. If not they may be blocked or have come apart so water goes elsewhere probably inside the van. Of course this all needs doing when the weather and the van is dry, otherwise any water appearing inside may be from rain entering by some other route.
My point is prove the drain pipes are leaking before taking things apart. Its usually a blockage only.

Last edited:
I have had this problem. VW SMG tried all the previously posted fixes until they discovered the sealant used to seal the electrical wiring to the roof had failed/poorly installed. My van was under warranty, which is just as well based on the man hours spent investigating this issue.

Back