Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving to the shower / toilet block

T6Beach

T6Beach

VIP Member
This weekend we had the misfortune of being pitched right next to the shower block, normally this would be a nice touch of luxury but we have noticed a steady flow of people that drive to the facilities, even if someone was pitched at the far end of the campsite it would not take them longer than 3-4 minutes to walk but there are some which appear to refuse to walk.

The worst part for us was husbands/dad driving their kids or partners, then sitting outside waiting with the engine running

Seeing as this site has very few tents on it I can only assume it is caravanners, I always thought caravans had onboard facilities!

What is the matter with people nowadays :(:mad:

Recent trip to a Dorset site noticed the same. i.e. cars driving to the blocks which were only a couple of minutes away.
I’m no fitness fanatic but the walk there and back is a good way at having a peek at all of the other ways of camping.........and what is on the telly!

Driving to the loo? :shocked

Surely not .... that's taking the P***. !!

Sorry :sad

No need to throw my coat at me!:shocked

I’ve seen it too, and not just in UK!
Zager and Evans were right!! (But it seems 5555 has come a little early).

I hope their DPF clogs up

Last edited:
I have a couple of mates that are tuggers and they can't get their head around not having a toilet in a California, however when we camp they use the on-site shower block and toilets and never touch their own bathroom !!!

I have also seen the increase in people driving to the toilets, lazy ba***ds

I have a couple of mates that are tuggers and they can't get their head around not having a toilet in a California, however when we camp they use the on-site shower block and toilets and never touch their own bathroom !!!

I have also seen the increase in people driving to the toilets, lazy ba***ds
Folk are strange!

Is it as they are heading off site, or specifoc journey from their plot and back?

I agree, some people are strange.

Never the less, to some degree I understand not to use the own, build in toilet facility in the caravan. Doing so avoids the empting and cleaning.

There is no harm to use the camp site facility. But why some people prefer to driver, I never understood.

I work in a university and many colleagues (or students) live in the village. So far so good. But many still use the car instead of walking or cycling. During term time it could take 20 - 30 minutes to leave campus, when I cycled it took me 10 minutes to get home. Meaning I was at home, changed and sitting at the dinner table before colleagues actually left campus. :(

It might not be cool to cycle or to walk. It can't be laziness, because I think sometimes it is actually more work to drive the walking.

Regards,
Eberhard

Can’t be bothered to walk to the toilet. What next, hiring somebody to wipe your ass...?

No wonder the UK is the fattest nation in Europe...!!!
Saw a lot of Europeans going to the loo on either mobility scooters or electric scooters this summer. They are on holiday so why not?

I have seen signs up on toilet blocks on some sites to say that driving to the block is not permitted. But I suppose it is not actually ‘policed’.

I’m not sure it’s a new thing. Ten years ago, we used to regularly camp at Bala (before we’d saved enough for a Cali). Every night people would run their car engines so they could use a compressor to pump up their mattress (why didn’t they do it earlier?). The did have some environmental concern because they’d shout to their mates “I’m driving to the toilet block, do you want a lift?” Funny in retrospect, but not at the time when you’d got two young kids to sleep.

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

I have seen signs up on toilet blocks on some sites to say that driving to the block is not permitted. But I suppose it is not actually ‘policed’.
Regardless of whether or not I would drive to the toilet block I avoid like the plague any site that says that things are 'not permitted' - for me that's a red alert for a little Hitler management!

Oh and yes I would if I needed to!

We all moan about signs on campsites but if they are policed it can only be a good thing, especially things like speed, noise, quiet time, ball games, dogs on leads etc.. These are all good things in my view.

Also if I see anyone driving to the toilet I just give them a disgusted look.

Back