Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG Fault

D

DrSunshine

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I don't feel like I'm having much luck. Picked up my DSG 4Motion Cali on Friday and have already had two faults. First one with the awning has now been fixed by the dealer with a new hole for the leg retaining clip having been drilled. Never seen before problem apparently. (I posted about this separately in the awning section if anyone is interested).

On the way to the dealers, the car developed a DSG fault with a flashing spanner symbol on the dash and inability to engage the even numbered gears. Got to the dealer and sure enough the car had logged a fault - failure to activate clutch (or similar). Vehicle reset and fault gone for now. I've driven about 50 miles with no issues. Car has only done about 120 in total now.

Dealer recommends running the vehicle for a few 100 miles and seeing if the fault comes back. I have a big trip planned and confidence is ebbing away.

I wonder if any other owners have encountered any DSG problems or indeed any engine/gearbox faults that came and went while the vehicle was bedding in? How believable is it that a fault like this might just be a one off glitch? We'll see I guess.

Chris

I don't feel like I'm having much luck. Picked up my DSG 4Motion Cali on Friday and have already had two faults. First one with the awning has now been fixed by the dealer with a new hole for the leg retaining clip having been drilled. Never seen before problem apparently. (I posted about this separately in the awning section if anyone is interested).

On the way to the dealers, the car developed a DSG fault with a flashing spanner symbol on the dash and inability to engage the even numbered gears. Got to the dealer and sure enough the car had logged a fault - failure to activate clutch (or similar). Vehicle reset and fault gone for now. I've driven about 50 miles with no issues. Car has only done about 120 in total now.

Dealer recommends running the vehicle for a few 100 miles and seeing if the fault comes back. I have a big trip planned and confidence is ebbing away.

I wonder if any other owners have encountered any DSG problems or indeed any engine/gearbox faults that came and went while the vehicle was bedding in? How believable is it that a fault like this might just be a one off glitch? We'll see I guess.

Chris
No DSG faults but my EGR failed at 900 miles. Replaced and since done 30,000 miles with no problems.

No DSG faults, love DSG,

No we're not going to start discussing DSG vs Manual again, I think we've done that one!

But postings like this are not doing my nervous system much good, as I understand SusiBus T6 has arrived in the UK, and soon-to-be make the journey to SMG Tonbridge!
Pickup is not far away. Oh for a clean bill of health.

You are unlucky.
My DSG has been brilliant...so far
I did have my side door final close motor stop working for a fortnight
I posted here...nothing helped....but then it was ok....and has been for months since....others have had the same....so unlikely to be a simple loose wire.....more hi tech computer glitch that self rectified is my guess.....lets wait and see
Good luck with the hol

No DSG faults, love DSG,

No we're not going to start discussing DSG vs Manual again, I think we've done that one!

But postings like this are not doing my nervous system much good, as I understand SusiBus T6 has arrived in the UK, and soon-to-be make the journey to SMG Tonbridge!
Pickup is not far away. Oh for a clean bill of health.

Totally agree , we would like clean bill of health too. We have DSG.
Van waiting for collection.
Have emailed a long list of things we would liked checked first before we travel , especially the paintwork.
Apparently all options are there plus the small torch.
Taking a charging cable. Unable to collect until early June.
Collecting van from Eurovans Crawley ,we live in the West Country.
Feeling nervous & excited in equal measures .

Last edited:
Totally agree , we would like clean bill of health too. We have DSG.
Van waiting for collection.
Have emailed a long list of things we would liked checked first before we travel.
Apparently all options are there plus the small torch.
Taking a charging cable. Unable to collect until early June.
Feeling nervous & excited in equal measures .
I bought my van in Northern Ireland, and so had to drive it home through Scotland, the Lake District, and down to the south coast. ....
It was a bit nerve racking .
After an hour a light came on , on the dash, I had no idea what it was, not a symbol I had seen before, and I was in a bit of a hurry for my ferry
I rang the dealer, to find it was the tyre pressure light, and nothing to worry about....few.
I told him I was just going to pull into a laybye on the way home. He said he wasn't able to give me a gas canister, but kindly gave me 3kw electric kettle, some tea bags, and some milk for the journey.
It didn't work.
He obviously didn't know the inverter was only 150 watts!
I've had 8 trouble free trips in the 6 months since then, and loving every minute of it. Just packing up for trip number two to France.
Good luck Calimera. It will be worth the anxiety

800 miles from new I also had the tyre pressure warning light come on. After checking the pressures I spent spent a fair while searching in the glove box and around the dash for the reset switch. Turned out with the multi function steering wheel the tyre pressure reset is one of the multi functions!

Back