Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dub Freeze 2017

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Anybody braving Dub Freeze on the 18th Feb?

Went to dub freeze today.

I thought I'd seen the lowest camper but this one took the biscuit. I mean even a wafer thin mint wouldn't fit under the bumper.

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6922.JPG

Seems an extreme way to protect the spare wheel on t5s & 6s

I was so intrigued as to the ride height I completely missed the rust...

Seriously I loved the look of this van.... hats off to the owner.

What did you guys think of the event? was there enough stuff for T5 owners? or does that not matter?
It felt quieter inside with less stands than before to me ... though outside seemed to be rammed!

What did you guys think of the event? was there enough stuff for T5 owners? or does that not matter?
It felt quieter inside with less stands than before to me ... though outside seemed to be rammed!

To be fair it wasn't that great. If you want to see lots of vans of all types and finishes from mint to rat then it's ok. The indoor area was more suited to older dubs in my opinion. I managed to get a cheap carpet for the cabin but that was about it.

IMG_6930.JPG

My little lad liked seeing a few cars but after an hour he was ready to leave.

IMG_6923.JPG

The funniest thing was before I had even left the car park to visit the show a chap cane up to me whilst I was still in my Cali and told me I had the best van at the show! In fact I didn't see many Californias at all.

IMG_6936.JPG

In respect of the camping experience, I stayed on Saturday night and quite liked it for atmosphere etc.

Facilities - other than toilets - seemed very limited, and no food either.

I thought the drum and bass (I think that's what it's called) throughout the entire night was pretty impressive too.

This is my second time at the event, so knew what to expect, but are all VW events the same? One night is fine, but I'm not sure I could cope with more than that - must be getting old :(

Back