Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dubflecta wind deflectors not letting window back up

CaliPuds

CaliPuds

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm hoping for some advice so that I can shut my windows again today rather than have to remove the new wind deflectors!

I've just fitted (well a friend has!) a new pair of retro Dubflectas to my Cali and all is fine apart from the clip nearest the wing mirror, which seems to upset the electric window mechanism as it senses an obstruction and sends the window back down again. This happens in both sides, and the windows just don't want to go back up!

Any hints please? (Other than removing the Dubflectas or that particular clip?)

Thanks,
Susi

Will give that a go thanks....

Is it necessary to fit all 4 clips or can the troublesome one be left off?

Yes I think mine only had 3 clips on it was secure enough

We had the same issue, the clips may be in different places on each window, and then with a bit of wiggling and fiddling it works!! we used a wooden utensil to put the clips into place and to wiggle them :thumb

I'm hoping for some advice so that I can shut my windows again today rather than have to remove the new wind deflectors!

I've just fitted (well a friend has!) a new pair of retro Dubflectas to my Cali and all is fine apart from the clip nearest the wing mirror, which seems to upset the electric window mechanism as it senses an obstruction and sends the window back down again. This happens in both sides, and the windows just don't want to go back up!

Any hints please? (Other than removing the Dubflectas or that particular clip?)

Thanks,
Susi

Hello

I have also recently fitted a set of Sleek Dubflectas with 4 clips either side with no problems. Work great for the wind & drips of rain water that sometimes used to fall on the window operating switches.

I would contact JP at Dubflectas for help & advice.

Mine didn't settle down until I could do a few hard 'landings' in hot weather.... Which seemed to allow the rubber to soften and better accommodate the clips.

Yes....just a matter of playing around with the fastening clips (trial and error) until right ,I think I finished up leaving a clip out of one side of a window
Very happy I have these on the van

Alan

I have these as well, think I only fitted them with three clips.

Thanks everyone, for your advice.

Mr Dubflecta returned our call and also suggested moving the clips further up, and then letting them bed in overnight/for a few days to soften the rubber.

I think all should be well by tomorrow, fingers crossed.

They do look very nice as well as serving a most useful purpose.

Thanks again,
Susi

I was wondering about getting some of these, do they reduce the wind noise a bit or a lot? as well as keeping the van dry when its raining

Really struggled with the drivers side, no matter what I did the window often dropped again, the crushed fingers safety drop, and I couldn't get the clips to sit any better. I also had to file away a load on each side on the front of the deflector as the windows kept rubbing against the plastic. I gave up in the end and removed them.

No problem fitting mine. Popped in easily. Pushed clips in with flat blade screwdriver. Some Silicone spray into the window groove. Assist the window into closed position and leave for 24 hrs. Windows have worked perfectly since.

The way I found the rouge clip was to pull one out at a time and trying the window up and down until I found the culprit, then repositioning the blighter!
If 2 clips are offending at the same time then requires a little more patience :)
Mine have been trouble free for approx 3 years

Alan

When first fitting, you must assist the window to close using your hands, one on each side of the window glass. It may take two or three attempts but when you get it fully closed you must leave it closed for at least 24 hours for everything to bed down. Once you have done that and all should be well.

If you have laminated front windows they are thicker than the standard glass so may be a little more problematic. Mine are laminated and I have had no problems since fitting them.

Before fitting mine I searched on Youtube for "fitting car wind deflectors" and found a very useful instructional video by Mick's Garage.

Fitting them is easy, they can only go one way, but I found the drivers side rubbed a lot when the window wound up, almost pushing the deflector out. I filed down the front section of each one. The passenger side was fine, no problems, but the drivers side was always problematic.

Just fitted the Heko deflectors, no bother and no problems with windows closing. I think I prefer them to the Dubflectors, the machining is better, no sharp edges and more rounded.

Anybody familiar with original deflectors from VW?
Really wanted them but dealer said there are numerous reports of same non closing glitches :)
Another thing I'd prefer them non tinted but simply transparent.

Really wanted them but dealer said there are numerous reports of same non closing glitches :)

The VW deflectors stick on the outside. Not as nice to look at as the dubflecta but still does the job.

Driver side on mine is fine with 4 clips. Passenger side is not with 3 clips.

Another case of a VW dealer talking b******s about their own products.

The VW deflectors use self adhesive strip to stick on the outside frame of the door, and so do not interfere with the channel the window runs in.

I haven't seen a transparent version, but that is not to say there isn't one.

Alan

Just had original deflectors installed.
They are indeed mounted inside as dubflecta. Look pretty slick. Dealer warned that they had complaints about windows not closing but they kinda have to resolve it because it is original and installed by them.
Just had to get them anyway because had to spent some money from multifunctional display I paid which is free in my build.
Got rear bumper protector and rear door molding as well. Which look pretty nice.

Just had original deflectors installed.
They are indeed mounted inside as dubflecta. Look pretty slick. Dealer warned that they had complaints about windows not closing but they kinda have to resolve it because it is original and installed by them.
Just had to get them anyway because had to spent some money from multifunctional display I paid which is free in my build.
Got rear bumper protector and rear door molding as well. Which look pretty nice.
Nice also getting the VW wind deflectors fitted as long as they can with the thicker laminate glass. Also going to add the door sill protectors and already have the rear bumper protector but what is the rear door moulding?

That shiny thing right at the bottom of the tailgate door. Kind of protects the paint if you open the door against a wall or something. Looks neat as well.
volkswagen-transporter-t6-rear.jpg

That shiny thing right at the bottom of the door. Kind of protects the paint if you open the door against a wall or something. Looks neat as well.
volkswagen-transporter-t6-rear.jpg
Thanks. Got the chrome pack so will have that strip although in chrome.