• Thread starter inthemidnighthour
  • Start date
inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi All
need some advice about Duvalays , as cant seem to find any info on one to fit the downstairs bed.

We already have a mattress topper and use a sleeping bag which the zip has now decided to part company for good.

On the duvalay website i can see just one width of duvalay but wondered if they made one to fit the Cali bed.
As we like the idea of a combined topper with a 'built in duvet'

any advice would be greatly appreciated as need a change from a sleeping bag

thanks Dave and Lisa

We have Duvalays and they will overlap a few inches on the upper bed. As the downstairs is smaller the overlap will be conisderable more.

I have a duvalay for sale it is just the topper without the duvet it is custom made to fit the downstairs exactly £80.

We recently purchased a pair of Duvalay Sleeping Bags with the built in duvet, we only ever sleep downstairs and we butt them together in the center of the bed which gives you 3-4 inches curl-up along both sides which saves me from the "cold wardrobe on the lower cheeks" scenario in the middle of the night!
For us they have transformed sleeping in the Cali, although they cost a lot of money they can also be used for tent camping and staying over in houses so are multi use.

Yes they do make one to fit downstairs exactly the right shape. We have the gold one and find it extremely comfortable.

Is this just a topper or does it have the duvet 'built into it'
thanks

Just the topper. Then we use a sleeping bag all folds nicely on parcel shelf.

Mine is just the topper £80

They certainly used to have a template which they used to make them to fit the lower bed exactly. Call them and ask. We, like Snowy55, just use the standard width which curls up a little at the sides and a perfect fit upstairs.

We recently purchased a pair of Duvalay Sleeping Bags with the built in duvet, we only ever sleep downstairs and we butt them together in the center of the bed which gives you 3-4 inches curl-up along both sides which saves me from the "cold wardrobe on the lower cheeks" scenario in the middle of the night!
For us they have transformed sleeping in the Cali, although they cost a lot of money they can also be used for tent camping and staying over in houses so are multi use.
Ditto. Now our son is sleeping in the awning he's commandeered one of the duvalays. I miss it lots! Agree great for kids sleepovers etc.

Can anyone with a Raskelf (made by the duvalay folks) mattress topper have a quick look inside and compare theirs with the photo below? Interested to know if your foam (2.5cm 'silver' grade apparently) looks like this one?
IMG_20190910_164506.jpg
I've just been playing around with my Raskelf and zonesleep toppers, trying to work out which is the comfier downstairs, and if carrying both is worth the while. My Raskelf cover is a bit baggy and I'm a little surprised the foam doesn't have one of those webbing covers on, or hasn't more 'memory' in the foam. It came 2nd hand so I don't know if it's been fiddled with.
I was wondering if I should upgrade (thickness and quality) the foam in the lovely Raskelf cover, and sell the zonesleep.
Cheers

The webbing(Airmesh) is part of the zone sleep system so not every manufacturer uses it.
We were just looking at the zonesleep ultra as that is a nice hybrid of airmesh, memory foam and quilted cover, but we remembered we had a 2” Truesleep memory foam topper in the loft, so we are trying that out.

We have 2 Duvalays for sale.

Hi All
need some advice about Duvalays , as cant seem to find any info on one to fit the downstairs bed.

We already have a mattress topper and use a sleeping bag which the zip has now decided to part company for good.

On the duvalay website i can see just one width of duvalay but wondered if they made one to fit the Cali bed.
As we like the idea of a combined topper with a 'built in duvet'

any advice would be greatly appreciated as need a change from a sleeping bag

thanks Dave and Lisa
If You Buy the 2x single Duvaley option with minimal width ie 58cm they will sit perfectly side by side downstairs with kitchen and therefore will have ample room upstairs with a bit of give. Dont buy 66 cm as you will get the overlap.

We used the comfort mattress and just put a normal sheet and duvet on it.

We have 2 * 77cms ones for sale. They fit side by side in the 2 seater Beach.
Of you can use one on each bed of the Cali - but they are not full width.