Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

E Hybrid T7 Multivan based Cali?

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Plug in Hybrid T7 Multivan California could be n its way, but I want the full electric Id Buzz with a pop top more if the dimensions are suitable.

What would you want instead of your dirty noisy diesels?

Andrew.

Already covered in a few different threads, lazy journalism by Carwow if the did their research the would have seen VW have said the California won’t use the new multivan and will remain on the 6.1 for a few more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely can’t be long before the old polluting Calis are ditched for a cleaner quieter alternative. A lovely sized leisure battery included as well that could even power your home via vehicle to grid tech for all the time it sits idle on the driveway.

Surely can’t be long before the old polluting Calis are ditched for a cleaner quieter alternative. A lovely sized leisure battery included as well that could even power your home via vehicle to grid tech for all the time it sits idle on the driveway.
Germany will not shut down their Lignite power stations before 2035, diesel propulsion is positively clean compared to the electricity generated by burning old peat.

Germany will not shut down their Lignite power stations before 2035, diesel propulsion is positively clean compared to the electricity generated by burning old peat.
I think you are a little behind the times. Spain already has wind power as its largest source of electricity and uses 100 year old technology to use the excess to pump water to higher elevations as a battery. The UK is very close to being in the same situation. My flat in Barcelona produces more energy than I use and will charge an electric vehicle when one is available that fits my needs, and the situation in Spain pales (!) in comparison to Germany which with less sunlight has achieved a much higher rate of solar production than Spain since they never had to deal with Spain's shameful Conservative party taxing the sun, now thankfully relegated to the dustbin of history. Since 2020 all new homes in California are required to produce all the energy they use, a result achieved in 2014 by Honda in collaboration with the University of California using currently available technology. The Honda/UC house also produces more than enough to charge a Honda EV. I'm a little surprised by this whole debate since the technology has already been functioning for years. The only places it hasn't become the norm (even Africa is using repurposed second hand EV batteries to power health clinics) are those countries where established petrol based multinationals control the local politics and have managed to disenfranchise or misinform the voters. No, the mining of raw materials for batteries doesn't come close to the damage caused by the oil industry, yes, second hand EV batteries are being recycled both by being reprocessed and repurposed, and yes, an EV has a lower carbon footprint from manufacture throughout it's useful lifetime than an ICE vehicle. All this has been covered here on the Forum.

Speaking with my dealer yesterday (Robinsons in Norwich), their view was the Cali version of the fully electric Buzz would arrive alongside the people carrier late 2022 / early 2023. They felt any worries about cabin space being too small were unfounded due to the significant space freed up by not having the combustion engine, mechanicals, etc. And further space would be saved if the ‘camping’ electricals (& gas) are also combined with the main vehicle batteries - which they felt they would / should. For me this all passed the common sense check and made sense.

The long lead times and imminent arrival of the new model aren’t dampening sales though - the salesperson said their [only 2] showroom vehicles were sold (both at full retail price), and they only had a handful of used commercial vans vs. a usual stock of 30+.

Back