Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Easiest fitting and erecting drive away awnings

Colin Jones

Colin Jones

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all. I'm looking for an awning for my T6. Any ideas, tips, brands welcome.
One that has good reviews, good quality and not a headache to set up.

Thanks

Colin

I guess awnings are personal taste. I have Kyham motorhome quick erect. Very well construction easy to put up and has done us proud in awful weather.
Hope my view helps.
Good luck.

Many here would argue that a shelter that doesn't actually attach is a lot simpler, and probably cheaper.
The shop have just added one I believe. You have a small gap between the van and your shelter, but you are unlikely to get soaked. Much simpler to line up with, and no flappy joining piece to rub your paint.
One site in 200 may object to a non-joining awning if their planning permission doesn't allow tents.
If you are trying to constrain dogs / toddlers, a proper attached awning has its merits.

The major shock is just how big and heavy most of them are.....so big that if you take them you often HAVE to pitch them to get some space back in the van. They undoubtedly have a role though.

I agree with 2into1, bought a kela as i thought air beams were the way to go. But found it too bulky and also very heavy although I must say it was well made and high quality material. Have replaced it with outdoor revolution cayman which is more compact lighter and just as easy to erect although it has carbon fibre poles
Not as good quality as the vango but suits my needs better

Outdoor revolution I have one was very easy to put up, takes about 5 minutes

Back