Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Easter trip around Belgium

So we're back in Sweden again. Had a lovely trip, here's our postcard.

R58WX8M.jpg

Camping de la Cascade, Petit Coo, Belgium

Trip diary:
Got off early from work Thursday and drove down to Malmö, Sweden. Visited a friend on Friday and started driving over all of the bridges through Denmark down to Germany. As soon as we hit the boarder to Germany snow started falling, and not the cozy winter type snow but pure and mad downfall. Got us a bit worried as we swapped from winter tires a week ago.

In Germany we stayed at a Stellplatz outside Schelswig named Jagel. We very much recommend this low key place with lovely owners and not too expensive for what they offer.
tx6CmT0.jpg

Stellplatz Wohnmobile und Transporte Jagel

nS5Rdpn.jpg

Machines next to the Jagel Stellplatz, Germany

Slept in and started driving to Amersfoort, Holland to visit the VW CamperCentrum Netherlander (CCN). Unfortuantely we didn't make it there due to traffic jams and similiar things so we went straight to the campsite in the forest close to De Hoge Veluwe National Park. This was a 5* site that had great pitches in the woods, literally.

A Bridge Too Far, Arnhem, was the next stop. This was a quick stop going to the museum and then visiting the Water museum for a coffee and ice cream, enjoying it in the near by park.
S4HQcD8.jpg

A Bridge Too Far

2MzULdX.jpg

Having a great time in the park

After a couple of hours we were on the road to Belgium and the Ardennes. After crossing over to Belgium the scenery changes very fast. Not just how the road looked but the entire landscape. This was by far the best driving experience on the trip going through the Ardennes. At Coo, Camping de la Cascade, we met two Britts that were two weeks in to biking from Newcastle to here. They were on a journey bigger than this. A year of biking down to Africa, staying at places to work for food and some money. We chatted and lended some items to them for drying out the tents in the morning and gave them some backpacking tips and tricks from my own experience while we had a long chat.
KAi3q1t.jpg

La Gleize, Foy and Bastogne was up next. Places that I've seen in TV-series and movie sets. Tiger tank, Sherman and a strong moment at the Bastogne War Museum.
zFJuDVD.jpg

Respect

Han-Sur-Less, Grottes de Han, the first two day stay. The kids had great fun playing with other kids on the campsite and visiting the cave and the wildlife park. The cave was really awesome and made the kids' list of 'the most interesting place of the trip'. Also made a trip to the Euro Space Center which is basically next door, funny how that made the other list of 'most exciting place of the trip' with the VR-moon/Mars walk and the exhibitions.

A quick stop in Brussels looking at the peeing boy, Manneken Pis, and buying some very tasty but overpriced dried fruit and at a parking lot in the city center, haha. Then Bruges for two days, enjoying the city center and the bathhouse and camping site. The camping site was the most impressing Cali-moment for me. Loads of Calies, old and new! Also in walking distance from the city center.
zuAH7Fd.jpg

Walk, walk, walk

Then the drive home via Amersfoort and CCN, bought some stuff and made the first customization to our Cali mounting a fire extinguisher. Next stop Wilhemlshaven, Germany, and a Stellplatz with a view!
The next day we went to the Marine Museum. U-boats and ships with a big exhibitions. Apparently I looked like a kid on Christmas when I went into U10.
VJWy4hg.jpg

U10 and their captains

After Wilhelmshaven we started the final ride home. The plan was to stop at Rømø in Denmark but we decided to push on and after 1000+km on the final day we slept in our beds. Tired but happy.

Back