Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet **** CANCELLED **** Easter Weekend Meet: New Forest 30 March- 2 April

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE:

Following meet has NOT been arranged by the club and is being arranged by a member, please direct all enquiries to @Heather or post on this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I'd like to confirm the provisional New Forest meet for the Easter weekend 2018. Hurst View Camping www.hurstviewleisure.co.uk will book a field for our group. It's £20 per night for 2, and £30 for a family with 2-5 children (one child is £25). Each person will pay when they arrive at the site.

It's the Easter weekend, so everyone has a few extra days off work, and being in the South of the UK, hopefully the weather will be wonderful!

Campsite looks to have close proximity to walks, activities, and most importantly a pub!

If you are interested, please let me know for what dates, so I can go ahead and secure the sites.

Dear Heather
I've rung Hurst View to say my wife and I will be coming from sometime Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. It'll be our first meet and so are looking forward to it. We've now owned our Calii for a year and are planning three months in Europe so will be glad to get some tips.
Robin Gambles

First trip in the Van :thumbwith my wife, desperately hoping she enjoys it!!!!!

Really looking forward to this meet. We will be very close to Lymington and in researching the area, saw something that looks interesting. There is evidently a "Treasure Trail" in the area. We did something similar in London for Shane's birthday and it was a lot of fun. Says it takes about 2 hrs. Might be a nice afternoon activity if anyone is interested!!!

We’re interested in this. We have 2 chilren (aged 8 & 6) and we wondering if there will be any others in our group?

We’re interested in this. We have 2 chilren (aged 8 & 6) and we wondering if there will be any others in our group?
My 12 year old is away but my 13 yr old daughter will be there.

IMPORTANT ALERT: I received an email from Hurst View this morning that due to the very wet conditions, they are not sure that they will be able to open for Easter Weekend! Given all the snow and rain we have had this winter, I guess that is not terribly surprising.

It looks like we have about 5-6 members confirmed for this meet. With those numbers, I am sure we could find another location. If you are still interested in attending (likely at a site that has gravel/ hardstanding pitches), please let me know ASAP and I will find another site.

IMPORTANT ALERT: I received an email from Hurst View this morning that due to the very wet conditions, they are not sure that they will be able to open for Easter Weekend! Given all the snow and rain we have had this winter, I guess that is not terribly surprising.

It looks like we have about 5-6 members confirmed for this meet. With those numbers, I am sure we could find another location. If you are still interested in attending (likely at a site that has gravel/ hardstanding pitches), please let me know ASAP and I will find another site.

Thanks for letting us know @Heather
Can't say I'm surprised - grass pitches wouldn't be much fun with the ground so wet.
Let me know if you get something else arranged. In the same sort of area would be good.

I have done a few checks this morning on availabilities. In the New Forest, there are a small number of places that have some grass pitches available. No hardstandings left anywhere as far as I can see.

I believe we have two options- book into one of these places on grass pitch, or look further afield for some hardstanding options.

We are quite literally gonna take a "rain Check" for this one.
See you next time.......

As we only live an hour away we will also be a ‘no show’ and we will do day visit to the forest. Unless they do decide to open.

I think we will give it a miss as well, don't really fancy a grass pitch with the way the weathers been.
Thanks for your effort in trying to find a solution.

That's a real shame we love the New Forest. I guess Easter Weekend is going to be difficult to arrange with such short notice now too. So maybe someone is trying to tell us something!! I have to say that I was a little sceptical with the "Pay on Arrival" request of the patron of the site. Were they really committed in the first place? Hmmmm......I wonder.
Anyway, if you can find something in the NF area we will try to be there. I will let you know if anything intervenes as we are already looking further afield so we can get away over Easter.

We have been to this campsite a few times and I’m not surprised by the pay on arrival statement. The people who run it are very laid back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe if we get some sunshine, we can look to have a meet here later in the year. I am also looking at some other options as it would be great to have a New Forest meet with so many members close by.

I have been really impressed by the owners at Hurst View and would like to get another meet scheduled there. They have 8 hardstanding pitches that have a field behind them for others to join. They are willing to let us erect gazebos/ shelters for the group to have an area to mingle, which seems very accommodating.

Do we feel like trying sometime in mid to late September for a re-do? I see we have a pretty active calendar already, and that feels like the next logical time to set up a meet.

We are booked into Sandy Balls on the Friday - Sunday anyway. So as we are down we will pop in for a few hours to say hello.

If that's ok?

@Lloydfred, this meet has been postponed due to conditions at Hurst View. I am looking to reschedule later in the year.

I have been really impressed by the owners at Hurst View and would like to get another meet scheduled there. They have 8 hardstanding pitches that have a field behind them for others to join. They are willing to let us erect gazebos/ shelters for the group to have an area to mingle, which seems very accommodating.

Do we feel like trying sometime in mid to late September for a re-do? I see we have a pretty active calendar already, and that feels like the next logical time to set up a meet.

Great idea @Heather ! @MattBW are you planning another Stratford gathering this September? If so perhaps we could coordinate the dates.
Some communal shelters is a great idea, otherwise the tendency is for us to sit in our vans...

Didn’t realise it was a club weekend when we booked a while back.....
We booked on grass pitch as wanted to try out our new awning , they booked us in ok but we haven’t heard from them to say don’t come?
Guess I best drop them an email.

Hi Heather
Just checked in to see that Easter Weekend is postponed. As to alternatives, early September is more likely to suit my wife and me. Or even into October. We did our pre purchase Cali trial from 7th to 10th October 206 and the weather was wonderfully sunny.
I saw various names on the event site as being booked. I did an email on 1st Feb to say we were coming. Have I misunderstood how the system works?
Robin

September will be Europe time for us and possibly many others. Early October would suit :)