Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Editing or deleting posts?

EddieEagle

EddieEagle

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
looking to edit or delete a post, can’t find a way of achieving this.
Anyone?

looking to edit or delete a post, can’t find a way of achieving this.
Anyone?

If it is your post then at the bottom of it you should see an edit button like this

Alternatively if you direct me to the post then I can do it for you

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 10.35.26.png

Yup, found the edit button. This doesn’t seem to have a delete option.
The membership offers the ability to post, edit and delete.
Perhaps should be more careful as to what I say in the first place.

Hang on, I see your reply (thank you btw) has an option, ‘delete’ amongst edit and report? Where is my delete button?

Last edited:
Hang on, I see your reply (thank you btw) has an option, ‘delete’ amongst edit and report? Where is my delete button??P.S.
Have used edit button to add this..

Ooh, this is fun! But, how can I delete??

Apologies.

You do not have a delete button. Point me to the post and I will delete it for you if it doesn't impact on others or you can edit it by deleting everything posted and just replace with "deleted", or something like that.

So, perhaps the ability for me to edit and delete posts as a VIP should be changed?
Not important and am able to edit as in take everything off, add deleted, so more thought before I rabbit on.
I was looking at the glamping awnings thread, saw someone had an awning for sale on gumtree which I responded to. It was from April so wanted to wind the clock back.....no worries. Back to wiring a pull cord switch in the bathroom, I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
Thanks for your time...

I believe you can edit posts for a short time (about ten minutes) after posting but this does not last indefinitely. This is generally to stop conversations from being fundamentally changed later on down the line.

Deletions can only be done via admin. You can always report them to flag them up to us so we can edit if required.

Thank you for that, have reported my erroneous posts so hope they disappear now........

Apologies.

You do not have a delete button. Point me to the post and I will delete it for you if it doesn't impact on others or you can edit it by deleting everything posted and just replace with "deleted", or something like that.
Dear Granny Jen

I am looking to delete my post as I have shown my new Van's vin number can you help. Kind regards

Today 16 Oct 2021

John

Dear Granny Jen

I am looking to delete my post as I have shown my new Van's vin number can you help. Kind regards

Today 16 Oct 2021

John

Apologies John I am no longer a forum moderator but I'm sure Kev can help @calikev

Best wishes, hope you really enjoy your new van!!

Back