Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EHU Cable

Swissian

Swissian

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So now I need a ehu cable and I can't buy it in the forum shop because of shipping to Switzerland so I will make it myself.
The cable in the forum shop is 3 x 2.5mm, but the Euro cable supplied with the Cali is only 3 x 1.5mm, so before I go and buy cable, what size ehu cables do you use? and do you find it better to have 1 long cable or 2 short cables?
Thanks in advance for your input

It largely depends on the size of the circuit breaker in the connection point.

The current carrying capacity of the cable must be greater than the breaker rating.

1.5 MM cable is good for around 16A depending on ambient temp.

This puts you in borderline territory if you connect to a 16A supply.
If it's a 10A supply you're fine.

I use 1.5mm.

Probably safest to use 2.5mm

Do make sure you buy Arctic (blue) cable as it's much more flexible than the nasty orange stuff.

P.

We also only use 1.5mm as this is fine for the Cali as basically you are just powering a battery charger and one 240v socket, i think the big thick cable is for motorhomes etc.

We also only use 1.5mm as this is fine for the Cali as basically you are just powering a battery charger and one 240v socket, i think the big thick cable is for motorhomes etc.
Depends. Some owners use microwaves, fan heaters etc: really does depend on your requirements.

Do make sure you buy Arctic (blue) cable as it's much more flexible than the nasty orange stuff.
Arctic flex actually comes in yellow and orange as well as blue, hi visibility colours are recommended for hookup cables.

Well I haven't see an Arctic (blue) cable here to buy, and the only 2.5mm I saw was not very flexible. I did find a "builders" grade orange 1.5mm cable and so I may have to take that. As I'm not going to use a microwave, heater or other high power consuming device, I hope that 1.5mm is going to be OK.
Thanks for the thoughts.

Back