EHU socket

BikerGran

BikerGran

Growing old disgracefully
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I've been a very silly BikerGran! :rolleyes:

Today I was in and out of the van as I'm away Saturday night, then thought I'd better go and fill up so I jumped in and drove off - withe EHU still plugged into the van! Woe is me! Luckily the plug came out before any electrical disaster and everything still works, but a tab is broken on a plastic bit that holds the innards in place in the van. I guess I'll have to get a new part but I can't remember which helpful forum member posts the wonderful diagrams with opart numbers - whoever you are, please help!

Or has anyone done the same and found another way to fix it? (I won't tell, honest!)

I feel very, very stupid!

The EHU van side connection is the same fitting as those sold by caravan parts suppliers if you can't get one quickly enough or at a decent price from VW.

The EHU van side connection is the same fitting as those sold by caravan parts suppliers if you can't get one quickly enough or at a decent price from VW.

Thanks for that! I was intending to get a mobile caravan servicing firm round to do a habitation check so they could probably supply and fit it!

Thanks for that! I was intending to get a mobile caravan servicing firm round to do a habitation check so they could probably supply and fit it!
Part 9
Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 00.37.49.jpg

When plugged in I always have a bright coloured micro-fibre cloth over the gear lever as a reminder.

I guess I got blasé about it - always used to prop my notebook in front of the dash.

I am surprised that your Cali didn't beeped a warning at you if you had the wall socket power on the EHU when you turned on the ignition. It should have.

Doesn't do it if the power is off though.

Alan

I am surprised that your Cali didn't beeped a warning at you if you had the wall socket power on the EHU when you turned on the ignition. It should have.

Doesn't do it if the power is off though.

Alan
When your central display is on, it gives a beeping warning. If the panel is off, I guess it won't warn you, and wishes you all te best when taking off with cable plugged in.

When your central display is on, it gives a beeping warning. If the panel is off, I guess it won't warn you, and wishes you all te best when taking off with cable plugged in.
I will try that next time the van is plugged in.

Alan

I'miss not sure if my 12 year old Cali does that, but I had unplugged at the mains end.

I'miss not sure if my 12 year old Cali does that, but I had unplugged at the mains end.
You have the display with the blue backlight? Then VW does learn from it's faults.

I worry about doing this, no warning in my Beach. The socket does feel one of the cheapest parts of the van too plus the panel it's attached to flexes a bit.

I worry about doing this, no warning in my Beach. The socket does feel one of the cheapest parts of the van too plus the panel it's attached to flexes a bit.
A Beach only has a small display with black buttons, am I right? Then it is possible that there is no buzzer inside to make noise.

I think it needs to 'see' the 240V connected (live) to beep. If it's switched off / disconnected at the far end - no beep.

I've just come back to this as my bad hip got so much worse I wasn't thinking about the Cali much! Now I've had it fixed I wanted get the van sorted. But this diagram is for a 2014 vehicle and the internals don't look the same as mine which is 2007!

I've just come back to this as my bad hip got so much worse I wasn't thinking about the Cali much! Now I've had it fixed I wanted get the van sorted. But this diagram is for a 2014 vehicle and the internals don't look the same as mine which is 2007!
Exactly the same on a 2007 Model. Unless a previous owner has changed something.

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 17.33.03.jpg

Better than driving off from the fuel station with the hose still attached.

Back