Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric backdoor problem

Mads

Mads

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi.

I have a cali '05 with partly electirc back door. When closing the backdoor it gets "sucked" in the last couple of centimeters. I'm having problems now with the locking part on the car. When the backdoor is open the lock keep going back and forth until the door is closed again, and if I close the door at the wrong time it wont close at all.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Having some icing issues on the backdoor aswell, not sure if that could have broken something?

We call it Power latching, it uses a motor to rotate the catch and pull the door in until the Pin of the door operates a switch, if the switch doesn't operate it will return to the open position again. You may have to replace the unit.

Welcome , i was thinking if the mecanism maybe needs a cleaning /grease ...
Should it have its own fuse try and remove it , try it without the power latching?

Hi.

I have a cali '05 with partly electirc back door. When closing the backdoor it gets "sucked" in the last couple of centimeters. I'm having problems now with the locking part on the car. When the backdoor is open the lock keep going back and forth until the door is closed again, and if I close the door at the wrong time it wont close at all.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Having some icing issues on the backdoor aswell, not sure if that could have broken something?

This parts diagram may help with troubleshooting.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...827/subcategory/827030/part_id/3688993/lang/e

So part nr 19 lock with microswitch....looks like it is bolted on so try and take it out clean and back in ....if no use buy new part.

Back