Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric hook up lead

T6LB

T6LB

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Could someone give me some advice please.. I am going tomorrow to buy a electric hook up lead I know they come in different lengths and i will be doing a lot of overnighters next year as we are obsessed with our new Cali already, what length would my fellow Cali owners advise who have had more experiences than me.! Thanks in advance

Lee

25m may be plenty long enough in the UK but if you intend to wander in mainland Europe you may well need two 25m cables, I often have.
I carry a 15m plus two 25m along with a three way IEC adaptor (http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/a1023-4/adaptor-3-way-240v-16a-1-plg-3/dp/PL14289).
There have been many times when I have needed to be able add to an already occupied outlet on French Aires. That practice may be frowned on here in the UK but it's quite a common way of doing things in France.

Many folks also carry a short male/female IEC lead with the live & neutral wires reversed to 'correct' reversed EHUs that are frequently encountered in France etc.

Rod

We carry 2 x 15m cables, they both get used equally as much.

Two years ago I got caught out and had to move pitch to reach the communal pole, hence I now carry a 25mtr and 10mtr cable and use which ever length suits the site.

Alan

You can connect them together to get a longer length.

The plugs are IP44 standard which means they are resistant to 1mm particles and splashing of water. So they are fine to rest on soil, gravel, dewy or rainy grass, but not submerged in a puddle of water.
So there is no need to carry any watertight covers for the extension plugs.

If worried just hook the cable up off the ground close to the plug.

Alan