Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric questions and new member;=)

Oleveigaard

Oleveigaard

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hallo

I'm new in here.

I have a T6 Ocean in order. Bought my first cali as 21 year old – a T4 '97 2.5TDI - only had it for a year- because I found a T5 SE 2.5TDI 4Motion '05;)
Bought a house to years ago an we chose to sell the cali last year.

Now I finally convinced my girlfriend that its time to buy a new. I have been raised with campervans – first VW LT conversion and later on biggers (fiat). We've been blessed with a baby girl in May and I want her to be a ”buschild”. So we have used this year's summer holiday ordering a brand new Ocean with DSG, 150hp, LED headlights, ACC , 6,33” radio, App connect etc.

Hopefully we can make it without the 4motion – we wanted the third rail and extra seat.

Cant wait.

I spend a lot of time looking youtube videos with the ocean. ( actually mostly because we have only once seen a coast never seen og tried a ocean )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=563nZgFyPaw

1: In this at 4:20 he says that when you plug 230v into the car you charge all 3 batteries. Is that right?
Then I can use the radio all the time?!

2: Is it possible to use the radio and with App Connect without having the ignition on?

3: In 4:58 he shows the 230v socket on the behind the seat ( not on the kitchen ) a he tells that it is an inverter. Is that right? So we can use 230v all the time?

/Ole from Denmark – (sorry for my bad english )
My old Cali:
IMG_0699.JPG

Hi!

Congratulations to the choice of vehicle. I have an Ocean T6 which I got in May this year. Great fun!

1. Yes, all three batterys are charged when connecting external 230V.
2. You have to have ignition key in the first position to play radio (not all the way to ignition on). However, the radio turns itself off every 15 minutes and you have to turn it on again. I have other solutions for radio when camping.
3. Yes, inverter. Always 230V (until you drain leisure batteries). But it is only 150W maximum. So not for hair dryer or coffee brewer unfortunately.

Velkommen Ole ;-)

Hi,and welcome ,
If you are on hook-up it means the three battery's are charged , but do remember first the two lesure bats. and then when they are full it starts charging the engine bat.
So when on a campingsite plugged in 220v and radio in front on can drain the starter bat. I think.

The 220v socket behind the left ( ours driverseat) gives indeed 220v at all time low wattage . I never ever used it , charging phones ,...all goes thru usb and 12v
What can you plug in under 150w besides a phone or tablet ....

Hi,and welcome ,
If you are on hook-up it means the three battery's are charged , but do remember first the two lesure bats. and then when they are full it starts charging the engine bat.
So when on a campingsite plugged in 220v and radio in front on can drain the starter bat. I think.

The 220v socket behind the left ( ours driverseat) gives indeed 220v at all time low wattage . I never ever used it , charging phones ,...all goes thru usb and 12v
What can you plug in under 150w besides a phone or tablet ....
Mosquito electric insect repellent 7w. 8" electric fan 50w

Yep indeed a anti-musquito thing ....carried it thru our trip in Norway last year....never used it!

Don't go to Scotland without it.
or one of these :)
$_57.JPG

Back