Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric roof not fully closing

M

murren

Westley
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, I have a 2017 Ocean and having problems with the electric roof not fully closing, it seems to be getting caught on the front Thule awning bracket fixing, I know it is set quite close to the roof and does leave a small mark on the rubber seal but it seems to be too close as the roof clunks as it hits the bracket and sometimes stops and will not completely shut unless I push on the roof slightly as it passes. I have taken it to the VW garage but of course it worked ok so they did nothing but its started again. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue and if so how did they resolve it ? I guess the bracket can be adjusted but it looks a bit involved.

My roof seal also has 2 small imprints from the
awning brackets.
I´ve never noticed mine catching on the bracket though.
Have you a picture of where exactly its catching.

You may have to do a video of when it happens for the dealer.

My roof seal also has 2 small imprints from the
awning brackets.
I´ve never noticed mine catching on the bracket though.
Have you a picture of where exactly its catching.

You may have to do a video of when it happens for the dealer.
Hi, the 2 imprints are exactly what I have but it is deeper than I would expect so I am sure this is the cause as the roof jams right on it or fully locates with a clunk ! the video is a good idea though, thanks for your help !!!

Our 2016 204 DSG that we bought at the beginning of April 2019 is doing the same, ie roof catching on the awning bracket at the front. This often leaves the front offside corner of roof open by 3 or 4 inches, when the rest of the roof is closed. I have found the only way to close it is to pull gently on that corner as it is closing. I will contacting VW dealer this morning as I have a years warranty.

Our 2016 204 DSG that we bought at the beginning of April 2019 is doing the same, ie roof catching on the awning bracket at the front. This often leaves the front offside corner of roof open by 3 or 4 inches, when the rest of the roof is closed. I have found the only way to close it is to pull gently on that corner as it is closing. I will contacting VW dealer this morning as I have a years warranty.
Hi, thanks for your post, we seem to have exactly the same problem ! not all the time but randomly and as you say a bit of gentle pulling seems to do the trick, when I took it back to VW after several attempts it would not happen for them so they did nothing, I am sure it is only a matter of adjustment though, perhaps you could post what they say, cheers....

Hi, thanks for your post, we seem to have exactly the same problem ! not all the time but randomly and as you say a bit of gentle pulling seems to do the trick, when I took it back to VW after several attempts it would not happen for them so they did nothing, I am sure it is only a matter of adjustment though, perhaps you could post what they say, cheers....
Have booked Cali in to VW SMG Tonbridge next week for them to look at roof. Also to look at annoying noise / vibration coming from passenger A frame when driving along. Will let you know how we get on end next week.

Have booked Cali in to VW SMG Tonbridge next week for them to look at roof. Also to look at annoying noise / vibration coming from passenger A frame when driving along. Will let you know how we get on end next week.
Hi again, how do you get on with the roof issue ?

Hi again, how do you get on with the roof issue ?
Hi, SMG had my Cali for 3 days and carried out a repair on warranty. They picked up and returned the vehicle.

The invoice states:

Investigate when roof is raised O/S/F edge is catching on roof bracket, leaves about 2” gap and has to be manually pushed down to close fully, there are marks on the roof rubber seal where roof is catching. Removed RAM covers, replaced bolt RAMS and removed A&B pillar trims, sun visor and roof control panel and lights. Drilled out rivets for inner roof blind. Removed roof lining and lower pump and topped up and bleed system and tested all ok. Refitted all parts removed.

I am not sure what that all means, but the problem does seem to have been fixed, all credit to SMG Tonbridge.

Hi, SMG had my Cali for 3 days and carried out a repair on warranty. They picked up and returned the vehicle.

The invoice states:

Investigate when roof is raised O/S/F edge is catching on roof bracket, leaves about 2” gap and has to be manually pushed down to close fully, there are marks on the roof rubber seal where roof is catching. Removed RAM covers, replaced bolt RAMS and removed A&B pillar trims, sun visor and roof control panel and lights. Drilled out rivets for inner roof blind. Removed roof lining and lower pump and topped up and bleed system and tested all ok. Refitted all parts removed.

I am not sure what that all means, but the problem does seem to have been fixed, all credit to SMG Tonbridge.
By the way, parts fitted are listed as:
7H7875795 HYDRAU X 2
7H7898850 SEALS X 1
7H7898870 BUST X 1
G 060146A2 OIL
7H7898875 REPAIR KIT X 1

By the way, parts fitted are listed as:
7H7875795 HYDRAU X 2
7H7898850 SEALS X 1
7H7898870 BUST X 1
G 060146A2 OIL
7H7898875 REPAIR KIT X 1
Hi again, well that really has confused me, I cant believe they had to do all that just to fix that issue ! more like they just hit it with a hammer :) however I will show this to my local VW dealer, thanks for your feedback and happy camping :cool:

Hi again, well that really has confused me, I cant believe they had to do all that just to fix that issue ! more like they just hit it with a hammer :) however I will show this to my local VW dealer, thanks for your feedback and happy camping :cool:
Hi Did you get this issue sorted ?

Back