Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric sliding door issues

deltheblue

deltheblue

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Having read through previous posts I cant match any issues with mine so here goes...

Key fob will open the side door although now and again itll just operate an unlock but not open the door itself

Key fob will not close the door

Door handles wont close the door either electrically

Dashboard button shows flashing

Been to auto electrician with vagcom but his software was locked out of side door issues

VW want £108 per hour just to plug the van in

I know theres some clues up people here so I thought I'd try before it goes to vw

Could be diffrent things , you could start by pairing the remote fob again to the verhicle , need to be done after changing the batterys in the key-fob
Don’t know the exact procedure , i’m at a Danisch campsite on a trip so on my Iphone .
Look up some older threads .
It’s a fully automatic door ? I don’t have that so maybe others had this problem ?

Could be diffrent things , you could start by pairing the remote fob again to the verhicle , need to be done after changing the batterys in the key-fob
Don’t know the exact procedure , i’m at a Danisch campsite on a trip so on my Iphone .
Look up some older threads .
It’s a fully automatic door ? I don’t have that so maybe others had this problem ?
Yeah its fully automatic I'll look at the pairing issue but it does operate it for opening

Nowadays the fob doesn't need pairing anymore after battery change. And as the problem is only related to the sliding door, it must be somewhere around the remote lock or electrical device to open and close the door.
With this problem I would at least ask someone from this forum with a VCDS around you, or in worst case VW. They should at least be able to help you out.

Nowadays the fob doesn't need pairing anymore after battery change. And as the problem is only related to the sliding door, it must be somewhere around the remote lock or electrical device to open and close the door.
With this problem I would at least ask someone from this forum with a VCDS around you, or in worst case VW. They should at least be able to help you out.
If theres anyone with vcds on here from liverpool that would be great however looking in the diagnostics forum it's clear there isnt,like I said originally it will be going back to vw but I thought I'd try the forum experts first

Of course you are right to do that. But I don't have the electric sliding door, so I have no experience with them.

wondering how this got fixed as there is someone with the same problem
Took it to an autospark and he did a visual inspection and found the wires connecting the anti trap sensor on the door had corroded,replaced the rubber side door lining

Took it to an autospark and he did a visual inspection and found the wires connecting the anti trap sensor on the door had corroded,replaced the rubber side door lining
Hiya, seem to have the same issue. The door opened and closed electronically, then started to jump back when closing. The other day it wouldn't open electronically or close, had yo do both by hand (it's a heavy door). Then it opened electronically - but wouldn't close, not the dash button is flashing. Any ideas of where to check please? Thanks

Hiya, seem to have the same issue. The door opened and closed electronically, then started to jump back when closing. The other day it wouldn't open electronically or close, had yo do both by hand (it's a heavy door). Then it opened electronically - but wouldn't close, not the dash button is flashing. Any ideas of where to check please? Thanks
You can check if it is this; maybe, or maybe not it can help you :) if not you, maybe others.

Did you mean 'now the dash button is flashing'??

The closing door springing back I suspect is nothing to do with it. That's usually dirt in the lower track or being parked on a slope.

My door breaking was a proper pain. I have an OBD reader which said '01334 right rear door ctrl. module' as the fault. I wasted a lot of time trying to find fuses but in the end it was indeed the door module broken which I had fixed by a great auto electrician I found on Google who new a lot about doors. My fault was probably different to yours. Mine wouldn't close at all.

Did you mean 'now the dash button is flashing'??

The closing door springing back I suspect is nothing to do with it. That's usually dirt in the lower track or being parked on a slope.

My door breaking was a proper pain. I have an OBD reader which said '01334 right rear door ctrl. module' as the fault. I wasted a lot of time trying to find fuses but in the end it was indeed the door module broken which I had fixed by a great auto electrician I found on Google who new a lot about doors. My fault was probably different to yours. Mine wouldn't close at all.
Hiya, mine suddenly stopped working with push button dash flashing. Will check for fault codes. Thanks again

Hiya, mine suddenly stopped working with push button dash flashing. Will check for fault codes. Thanks again
What happens when you push the button?
There are two buttons on aT5. One operates the door, the other disables the automatic function.
Good luck

You can check if it is this; maybe, or maybe not it can help you :) if not you, maybe others.
Our door takes two hands to close, there's some heavy resistance, one to push forwards, one to push in at the rear latch. However his appears to close by hand really easily? Curious

closing aid, if I remember correctly; I'm just trying to help.
Sorry my answer was to Fred - as to why their door is harder to close than the one in the video. The electric sliding door has two cables under tension that you are hauling when the door is "off". Very happy that mine stretched and I decided to snip them so that we now have an easy to close manual door

Back