Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Happy New Year everyone.

I currently have a customer in France and the electric closure on the tailgate has failed. It's locked on the first catch but won't go onto the second. I have confirmed that its a fault by asking them to close the latch on the tailgate with the door open using a tent peg. There is no electronic servo noise and the display thinks the tailgate is open with the associated beeping! Other than call VW Assist does anyone have any ideas or possibly how I can fool the dashboard that the door is closed and stop the beeping?

I’ve got a similar issue. Except the dash doesn’t alarm. The power latch has failed. It’ll be a warranty job. There might be a sensor you can block / fiddle with?

Taking out/replacing the fuse of the electric closure ?

Check out the Resources section. @Loz has provided many labelled fuse diagrams for the T6 there.
Thanks WelshGas. I did go through them already but for the life of me I can't find the one for the rear door, I found it for the sliding door but the rear is eluding me at the moment!

Behind the botle holder under the dash there are fuse behind.
i had a look in the resources and i see reference to a "rear lid control untit"
Could that be the one?
Fuse nr8 from left on the top row

Thanks WelshGas. I did go through them already but for the life of me I can't find the one for the rear door, I found it for the sliding door but the rear is eluding me at the moment!
The problem is most likely the microswitch in the door catch, the fuse is not separately listed as the motor is powered by the bcu so could be one of many that supply it. But try SC44
is the interior light coming on in the rear under the wardrobe when you open the tailgate?
01FBF813-B2D7-479F-A138-3CFD274A0E2F.jpeg1827C9F6-4E20-40D4-A94C-993F57163D69.jpeg

Last edited:
Back