Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Elgato eyeTV..... Which one to get

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
I'm looking at getting an eyeTV tv receiver for use with my iPad mini and wondered which of the two options to go for, either the "hot spot" wifi or the mini that plugs directly into the iPad? I know there are members out there who have these but I don't know which of the two.
I'd welcome any advice on which to go for, thanks.

I have both, but the wifi version (cheapy from amazon) is best.
It can be placed where there's a TV reception, and you can charge your iPad at the same time if needed.

The plug in version is akward if you have your iPad in a case and also has to stay in situ as moving it also moves the receiver, which more often than not disturbs the picture.

I got the August wifi one from Amazon. It works very well. It's owned by the same company as Elgato now but about £20 cheaper than Elgato

Thanks charlifornia and Milo4 for the guidance, I think I'll go wifi and look at the August. Reviews seem pretty good and it's cheap!

August Wifi TV receiver has just arrived..... Really impressed! For £42 it's great value. And unlike the Elgato it works on both Apple & Android.

Mine's not come yet @ArunAlec. I'd never heard of idaffodil before but they came up on Google shopping when I searched for the item. I'll let you all know if it arrives.

Mine's not come yet @ArunAlec. I'd never heard of idaffodil before but they came up on Google shopping when I searched for the item. I'll let you all know if it arrives.
They are the seller if bought via Amazon, so it's a bit cheeky if they sell direct at such a reduced price. Looking at their site via your link it's exactly the same item. So you have a really good deal.
They seem to offer good support too, I wanted to clarify details about the App and they responded quickly.

Just received my august DVB T405 from daffodil in amazon packaging !!!
It's tiny looking forward to trying it.

I think the price is only different because of the amazon prime next day delivery. I think amazon offer warehousing services now so daffodil probably use them for theirs.

Great gadget so small,match box. Easy to set up & scan channels on my iPad using app.

I think the price is only different because of the amazon prime next day delivery. I think amazon offer warehousing services now so daffodil probably use them for theirs.
Nope! £42 from Amazon with free delivery ( idaffodil the seller and invoice from them). £27 direct from idaffodil including postage. I contacted them to confirm the price difference, hoping for a goodwill gesture! The email reply suggested they don't know what the price was on either.

50quid on eBay too, I was tempted at £27 but not too bothered at 42 I'll just use TVCatchup app :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be worth trying to download the app, it might have details of compatibility.... SianoTV.

Now £59.95.... think I’ll pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back