Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

End of the line for the T2

If anyone really wants to own a 'new' t2 Leicester van centre have a 2 year old one for sale, I sat in it and wouldn't fancy driving it around the block let alone camping in it, talk about basic thank god things have moved on.

I agree I like to have an engine between me and the car in front :thumb basic and very overpriced

Calikev said:
I agree I like to have an engine between me and the car in front :thumb basic and very overpriced

Having the engine between me and the car in front is still a question mark really, but chassis and a crumple zone is a definite must!

Having what amounts to little more than a sheet of metal between my knees and any oncoming accident was pretty unnerving when I drove a split a couple of years ago. Stylish and classic to look at, happy to only go that far.

The T2 served a purpose as did the Horse and cart and Steam trains, things move on I'm sure in time people will say the same about the Califonia T5:1 :?:

The Brazilian T2 was solely built for life as a taxi in busy Cities like Rio and as such was built with only a short working life in mind.

The use of them as expensive Campervans, pretty and trendy as they were, must have been quite amusing to the Brazilian manufacturer. :eek:

Their Achilles heal, even to a greater degree than the original VW T2, was their inability to survive the North European Climate. :crazy

The horror stories of serious rust from owners, having spent a fortune buying them.Then Danbury not wanting to know, only a few years after purchase, given the owners no or little support with the rust issue. :headbang

I believe it is not a bad thing that the Brazilian T2 has come to the end of its production it was well over due. :clap

Having owned two T2 Campervans, I believe they had their time but the design needs to be left in the past. The old VW campers that we still do have should be loved and cared for by their owners like any other classic car. :D

John

Back