Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Enforced Cali converts

evilC

evilC

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Hello from Brighton.
Having had our much loved Mk7 Transit Westfalia Nugget stolen a few months ago, we have been looking at replacements.

Whilst we would consider another Nugget, as it served us well for long trips in Europe and the UK as well as being a good base for festivals, the lack of RHD vehicles as well the more obvious problem of master keys for Mk7 Transits being sold by a number of popular internet retailers for £25 (that explains the theft then!) means we have had a good look at what else is available. Whilst the Cali' is quite different we think we may have found a good replacement.

The hardest task is convincing my 8 year old daughter that it is possible to replace "Annie the Tranny" as she was 4 months old when we bought her and has so many good memories associated with going away in her.

The hot weather and the receipt of insurance money is pushing us to decide. So the obvious question is 4-motion or not? :happy

budget for a replacement van is the 1st question you need to decide on
:welcome

Welcome on board!

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

As far as your question, notice I didn't quote your question, there are many threads on here that pose the same question. Those with, wouldn't be without and those without have never felt the need.
But remember it's not the answer to everything as it depends on the tyres fitted. Rubbish tyres, rubbish capability.
So are you looking for a T5 or a new T6?

I think I handled that quite well without laying the grounds for another * M*t*o* thread.:thumb

Hi Meoncoast

Sadly budget was the first thing I had to consider: :eek: The cost of a 2008/9 Cal now is almost what I paid new for my ex-demo van 7 years ago.

So I have been raiding the piggy bank and think a late 174, maybe with 4-motion, but more importantly used & maintained is where I will end-up.

The swear-box funds from searching will top up the budget nicely - not a great time to be looking unfortunately, but the odd one does pop up.

Be ready to move quickly, it's a Sellers market now til the clocks go back ...

Hello from Brighton.
Having had our much loved Mk7 Transit Westfalia Nugget stolen a few months ago

Some people have all the good luck !

Some people have all the good luck !
That's a bit cheeky, especially as the Westy can give the California a few lessons on lay-out and storage; obviously my feelings are still a bit raw

That's a bit cheeky, especially as the Westy can give the California a few lessons on lay-out and storage; obviously my feelings are still a bit raw
I think he was referring to the Transit part, as he loves Westy's.

Back