Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine Battery - any advice

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Ey up,
seems my vehicle battery (not the leisure battery) has given up the ghost...
Anyone any advice as to a good replacement?
Current battery is a 95ah 800a unit - looking to know specific makes/models so i can source the right one.

Cheers!

Odd. I was about to ask you the same question. Currently (no pun intended) hoping charger will come good.

If I need to buy, I’ll just measure and get the biggest F@ck off unit I can fit.

Replaced ours 5 years ago with a genuine VW one. Only fractionally more expensive than a decent branded one. Came with a 5 year warranty and is still going strong today. Fitted the box perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have charged up the old one. Will see how long it lasts...
Its been fine since we've had the van and just recently let us down a few times. Have read somewhere that a common problem is a coolant pump that can run on due to a faulty temperature sensor... anyone else come across this?
Cheers

Have charged up the old one. Will see how long it lasts...
Its been fine since we've had the van and just recently let us down a few times. Have read somewhere that a common problem is a coolant pump that can run on due to a faulty temperature sensor... anyone else come across this?
Cheers

New one on me. Perfectly feasible though given the recent temperature drop and the need for the auxiliary coolant heater earning its keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. My starter battery has suddenly developed schizophrenia. I’m not convinced it’s dead.

Back