Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine cover so much nicer

For the T5 you had this:
1581186804615.png

VW stopped selling them, probably for the heath dissipation with DPF engines. (Not sure about that)
This one you like or don't like. Me on one side kind of like it, but on the other hand, you can't check your engine that well anymore, so, I don't know...

Looks good! Was there any reduction in engine noise?

Sorry to spoil your enthousiasm...

It's not mine. Just searched a picture of the engine bay cover I wanted to show you. :sorry

I can post a picture of my engine, but it's less shiny, and I have H7 headlights... And my van is blue...

We had one of those on the car, mice found a nice home underneath it and chewed through the wiring. Fortunately the Cali was left untouched perhaps because they have left it more open.

Sorry but thats the first bit I'm gonna throw away.

Even if you'r not mechanically minded you can at least see something that could be amiss, leaking oil, coolant etc. T5 was the worst, T6 is better, seems manufactures don't want anyone to see the engine on most vehicles.

That’s either a lot of upgrades you’ve done to your T4 ! I think it’s time to update your profile data!
Nope sticking to my T4 Cali, grew up in a splity and Bedford Doormobile, had an early T3 from new and after 30yrs at the heavy end of the VW empire have seen enough, T5/6 no thanks, I need a big iron lump with minimal electronics I can fix myself

For the T5 you had this:
View attachment 55071

VW stopped selling them, probably for the heath dissipation with DPF engines. (Not sure about that)
This one you like or don't like. Me on one side kind of like it, but on the other hand, you can't check your engine that well anymore, so, I don't know...
Anyone else know whether heat dissipation might be the reason why the cover is no longer fitted? I’ve put one on my 204 - looks good but now thinking of removing it in case of above.

A colleagues 204 has one fitted. I guess it just depends what model it is

The caravelle comes with them. I’ve got one on mine. No probs after 2 yrs. don’t know why I got it to be honest. I don’t really go under the bonnet.

Anyone else know whether heat dissipation might be the reason why the cover is no longer fitted? I’ve put one on my 204 - looks good but now thinking of removing it in case of above.
I guess the T6 cover doesn't block the heat that much over the full cover of the T5 and T5.1.