Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine lost power - VW Cali 2007

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Hello, we are driving our VW Cali 2007 with 204000 Kms on counter trough the Netherlands. Yesterday I noticed twice a knocking sound behind the pedals and today while driving on a highway it lost power: in 5th gear I could not pass 90kms/h, about 2300 rpm, nor in 4th gear. I switched to 3rd gear and it accelerated to high gear, speed increased and all was normal again.

What is happening? We are to drive about 400 kms home, will it be okay to drive home before it has a checkup?

Thanks for your advies!

Bart

Help us by confirming its a manual gearbox, and that you are left drive so pedals are at the gearbox end.

It's intermittent nature points to the clutch / flywheel area, but much better folk will be along to help.

Last edited:
The steering wheel is on the left side and it's indeed Manuel gear..

Bart

Sorry, it's not a turbo...

He‘s the guy
However we had kind a same issue a couple of times. Our solution: Turn off the engine and turn it back on. I had it checked twice and they couldn‘t say it for sure what it is. All what the could say (VW and a independant garage): It costs quite a lot to check propperly.

Today the yellow engine warming light came on. I do not notice anything while driving. Cross fingers we make it home tomorrow...

EGRs?

Would be amazed if it didn't have a turbo. Drove a 307 which had no turbo (1988 model) and it was gutless even with a 2.4 engine

In German but it might give you an idea what it could be:

Could be the DPF or the exhaust as Westfalia said.

Back