Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine whistling noises

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Noticed some weird whistling\squicking noises mostly destinctive in a cold engine. Should I be concirned? Might be a belt?

Could be an air intake pipe loose or turbo to engine leak but that would usually happen all the time not just when its cold.

Here is a video.
Any suggestions? Is it a belt noise? It got louder lately but mostly when cold start.

To me , i hear noting strange in the movie above...
Cold engine's always sounds strange.

Also note that i am not that familiar with the T6 engine , but i can't hear a wisteling noise...

Normally a slipping belt would be heard on reving the engine and disappear as everything warms up and expands.
on the video sounds like a " cold engine " start up. Cams, cam followers etc: tappets noisier due to increased tolerances due to contraction of cold metal and disappears on warming. Normal.

I can hear it, could be dirt in the groves of the aux belt, could also be a dry bearing in an idler pulley or or the pulley on the belt tensioner. I would spray some silicon on the auz belt and see if it goes away.

Getting louder each time. So nothing to worry about, right?

Most on here are no VW mecanics , what does your dealer says....
Again i can't realy hear it , but my hearing is very bad ....says my other half:D

Sounds like a belt squeak to me