Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Environmental sticker B, C, Eco or Zero for your car

Defender90

Defender90

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Good morning we are setting off to France and Spain next week but i have just been made aware of the environment clean zone stickers but i cant see anyway of purchasing them and lots of contradicting information for example uk registered cars don't need the stickers? does anyone have any advise on this.

For France its the Crit Air scheme. There are various zones across France where you might need a sticker to show the vehicle can enter. The requirements can change depending on pollution levels.
Its an easy process to get the sticker and should be ~ €5 from memory. To late to actually get the sticker at this point but you get an email confirmation quickly which could be left on the dashboard if parked up in a zone.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
For France, just apply on the official website. Cost should be less than 5 euro. You will get a pdf via email that you can use as a temporary certificate. The sticker comes in the mail.

great thanks ,spain is the one that,s a bit more unclear

For France, just apply on the official website. Cost should be less than 5 euro. You will get a pdf via email that you can use as a temporary certificate. The sticker comes in the mail.
Many thanks for the link,
is a Cali T6 Euro6 a category M1 or N1 ?

great thanks ,spain is the one that,s a bit more unclear
Clean air zones in Spain are changing this year. I have no first hand experience.
To enter the zone in Barcelona you need to apply for a day permit online, I think. In the rest of Spain foreign stickers are recognised, so your French sticker would do. Not sure about the printed pdf there, though.

For France its the Crit Air scheme. There are various zones across France where you might need a sticker to show the vehicle can enter. The requirements can change depending on pollution levels.
Its an easy process to get the sticker and should be ~ €5 from memory. To late to actually get the sticker at this point but you get an email confirmation quickly which could be left on the dashboard if parked up in a zone.
Automatic reader system being introduced not done by a person walking around. Have read of problems with this system.
No sticker then I wouldn't advise going in unless prepared for sorting out any postal fines.

Automatic reader system being introduced not done by a person walking around. Have read of problems with this system.
No sticker then I wouldn't advise going in unless prepared for sorting out any postal fines.
I hadn't heard that.
But unless they are using spy satellite resolution level cameras to read the actual sticker it will be reading the number plate and cross referencing with the CritAir database so the OP should be OK as long as they apply via the link and get confirmation.
(Otherwise any round circle of the appropriate size and colour would pass a traffic camera )

I hadn't heard that.
But unless they are using spy satellite resolution level cameras to read the actual sticker it will be reading the number plate and cross referencing with the CritAir database so the OP should be OK as long as they apply via the link and get confirmation.
(Otherwise any round circle of the appropriate size and colour would pass a traffic camera )
Bit like our NPR cameras I believe. Cameras located as you enter a Zone.
Currently I would assume that the sticker is the prime identification.
Sticker has Vehicle Reg on it and it would be better not to try to 'fake' one.
Registration period is quoted as up to 6 weeks indicating that it cannot be assumed that it has been completed from day of application submission.
Article that I read was that the cameras may get the same response as speed Cameras did during the ' Gilets Jaunes' protests.

All uk calis even the grand are m1
Hi just trying to pay for a French emissions sticker and my v5 hasn’t been filled in fully the v7 C02 figure is missing does any one have the figure for 2020 4 motion ?

thanks

Good morning we are setting off to France and Spain next week but i have just been made aware of the environment clean zone stickers but i cant see anyway of purchasing them and lots of contradicting information for example uk registered cars don't need the stickers? does anyone have any advise on this.
You can not get one for Spain.
I think it will be OK in Spain with the French one for infomation on which band.
Quote for Spain site:

"Can I drive with my badge from another country in restricted areas within Spain?

Yes. You can check the equivalence between the classifications of the different countries. In this way you will be able to know the equivalent Spanish emblem of your vehicle, knowing what traffic restrictions may affect you, and being able to drive on our roads with the emblem of your country

If my vehicle has a foreign license plate, can I obtain a Spanish environmental label?

No, but if your vehicle comes from a country with environmental certification (Germany, Austria, Denmark, France), you can check the equivalent of your badge in Spain, knowing what traffic restrictions may affect you, being able to drive with your country's badge ."

Barcelona has a preregistration.

You can not get one for Spain.
I think it will be OK in Spain with the French one for infomation on which band.
Quote for Spain site:

"Can I drive with my badge from another country in restricted areas within Spain?

Yes. You can check the equivalence between the classifications of the different countries. In this way you will be able to know the equivalent Spanish emblem of your vehicle, knowing what traffic restrictions may affect you, and being able to drive on our roads with the emblem of your country

If my vehicle has a foreign license plate, can I obtain a Spanish environmental label?

No, but if your vehicle comes from a country with environmental certification (Germany, Austria, Denmark, France), you can check the equivalent of your badge in Spain, knowing what traffic restrictions may affect you, being able to drive with your country's badge ."

Barcelona has a preregistration.
That’s great thanks for your help

As I am in stationed in Gibraltar I tried buying a permit as very near Spain but could not because of not having Spanish plates, however it is apparently allowed in France and Germany with your English registration plates.
in anycase, I was told that your vehicle must be legal in the place where it is registered. So in in your country there is no requirement for a sticker then you do not need one as you are just passing and not residing. Anyway as we are not part of the EU now, having a French or German one would be okay I suppose, and it should be ok in Spain.

Thank you for this thread! We are headed to France & Spain in June/July and had no idea about this! Just ordered ours!

Back