Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eskdale Dub fest

Speleo62

Speleo62

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just seen this if any one interested. Book with site I believe. No Longer a C& CC site.

Eskdale DubFest 2017

Find nearby campsites

When: 31 Mar - 01 Apr 2017

Cost: £9.85 Adult

Ticket notes: Book direct with the site

Opening hours: 1pm-11:30pm

GetAsset.aspx

Eskdale DubFest

Eskdale Dubfest is open to any members or non members with VW camper vans from T2 to the new version T6. Come in groups or clubs or just come on your own.

VW coffee van on site over the weekend plus a hot food wagon serving burgers hot dogs and the best cooked breakfast in Eskdale.

Eskdale Dubfest campers will receive a goody bag with 50% off tickets for the Eskdale and Ravenglass railway plus extra stuff.

All the 3 local pubs - the Boot Inn, the Brook House Inn or the Woolpack Inn will be hosting music over the VW event weekend.

Events and activites taking place on site throughut the weekend.

Visitor information

Last edited by a moderator:
It was me that arranged (well co-ordinated) an informal club meet on the back of the bigger event.

I'm not really in a position to do it this year, as I may find myself van-less at that time of next year and not sure any of you would like me as a lodger ;)

It's a lovely meet, but it is early in the season so the weather can have a big influence - but there are 3 excellent pubs within strolling distance. It's a nice group of mixed vans, so I'd encourage anyone interested to book directly with the site (if a member doesn't step forward to coordinate a club section).

I've just booked on for the Eskdale Dubfest. There is a chance I may not actually have a van in Spring (and may have to crash the booking) so I don't want to be the 'meet organiser', but it would be nice to see some club faces there. Pitches with elec are still available.

We'll be there. Stayed last year and it's a lovely site. We'll welcome any fellow campers with a cuppa or a drop of something stronger :welcome :cheers

Just to be clear for those adding their names, the 'event' (as such) takes place at the Camping & Caravanning Club 'club' site at Eskdale. (*SEE MY UPDATE 3 POSTS DOWN). I only mention it because when we organised a more formal group last year, a couple of vans we were expecting to meet up with never showed up, despite posting that they had arrived! I can only assume they were at another site (fisherground perhaps).

Also perhaps just worth restating that it is just a meet up of vw camper owners than an 'event'. It just happens to be in a fabulous spot, with lovely pubs on the doorstep!

Last edited:
We have just been for the weekend, climbed scarfell pike on New Year's Day. lovely site and owners. Enjoyed the entertainment provided by the great whites being pulled off. Just booked for dub fest, last few electric pitches left but still non electric available I believe.

Just updating this as the site is (sort of) changing hands. From about a week ago, the site left the Camping & Caravanning Club. Anyone who booked with the C&CC should have had an email asking them to rebook with the site direct at http://www.eskdalecamping.com/
Other than admin wise, nothing has changed. The site and event is still run by the same folk (Martyn). As regards Cali's and the Forum, it's an unofficial forum event. Booking is with the site direct. There will be other Cali owners to chat to (as well as lots of other vans), but we are attending an established event, not holding our own.

@Calvin , just checking you've seen this update, and you are sure your booking is made with the site (I believe the C&CC are no longer taking bookings.......but the potential for cock-up is there!).

Just updating this as the site is (sort of) changing hands. From about a week ago, the site left the Camping & Caravanning Club. Anyone who booked with the C&CC should have had an email asking them to rebook with the site direct at http://www.eskdalecamping.com/
Other than admin wise, nothing has changed. The site and event is still run by the same folk (Martyn). As regards Cali's and the Forum, it's an unofficial forum event. Booking is with the site direct. There will be other Cali owners to chat to (as well as lots of other vans), but we are attending an established event, not holding our own.

@Calvin , just checking you've seen this update, and you are sure your booking is made with the site (I believe the C&CC are no longer taking bookings.......but the potential for cock-up is there!).

Thanks for your message about the campsite. When I read your original blog about the fest I phoned and was told of the site taking control of its own bookings. We mentioned the vwcalifornia club and I think he will try put us in the same area.
Exciting to see how many of us make it. Weather needs to hold up.

Booked this morning and there are still a few non electric pitches left.

No ehu left booking for Ravenglass will hop onto laal ratty or walk over fell for a look in

We are going too! Me, wife, dog. Enjoyed it last year. Went over the passes to get there. Watch out if you are not a confident driver! GPS might take you through the passes. Last year, a non Cali driver had an accident, wiping out the rear right of a 65 reg conversion. Ouch!

We are going too! Me, wife, dog. Enjoyed it last year. Went over the passes to get there. Watch out if you are not a confident driver! GPS might take you through the passes. Last year, a non Cali driver had an accident, wiping out the rear right of a 65 reg conversion. Ouch!
Just booked see you all there :)

OMG just catching up with forum and found post about having to book direct.....a few worrying mins on the phone, but I'm in!

Is anyone organising a meal at the pub on Saturday night?

If anyone would like to get together for a pub meal on Saturday, please reply on this thread along with the number of places you'd like.

I'll aim to phone the pub on Monday with 'final' numbers as I should be leaving on Wednesday on my travels! (If AA can get me started on Saturday and I get packed in time!)

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

:thumb :kiss :welcome :kiss :thumb

Please book me "Billy no mates" in for a meal please.